Sky Channel, Vintage

Guest kev such

Guest kev such

Heard on the TV today that on Vintage Sky Channel # 369 from 18.30 Sunday night they are doing Northern Soul and Tamla Motown show.

Consisiting of old footage of tunes concerning the above. Dont know what will be on offer but just thought I'd mention.

Hope it aint all Modern stuff, haha.

Regards

Kev

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I've been watching a few shows on this channel lately, punk, indie, 1979, 1980 and 1981, I have to say I really enjoyed them, although they used a lot of obvious choices they also had a few lesser seen selections like Squeeze - Is That Love and Teardrop Explodes - Passionate Freind, neither of which I remember seeing before. A lot of their videos look like old copies as if they are playing of a vhs tape. And yep, I've seen the advert for the Northern Soul and Motown show on sunday night. I'll tape it but not holding my breath for anything radical this time.

Social source share

Some channel should show the Out On The Floor play from 79/80...or was it later..loads of Grapevine music (btw found my copy Pete).My memory going back now but wasn't there a geordie tv series called Going Out that had a character that was into northern..this was 80-81.

Edited by wiggyflat
Social source share

Some channel should show the Out On The Floor play from 79/80...or was it later..loads of Grapevine music (btw found my copy Pete).My memory going back now but wasn't there a geordie tv series called Going Out that had a character that was into northern..this was 80-81.

Yeah it's 81 or 82, I've actually still got the original vhs tape of that recorded directly off the tv (not by me, I didn't get a video til 83)

Social source share

Would love to see going out again.....i remember having the hots for a girl in braces on it....funny things you remember.

The entire series is on Youtube - or was, I downloaded the lot but it was poor quality and to be honest I was bored after 1 episode. Agree with you about the girl by the way!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert