Tim Brown Soul Packs

Mal C

NORTHERN SOUL PACKS £100 inc P&P

(overseas customers shipping price on request)

After 22 years of offering 100 Northern Soul 45s for £100 we are forced to cease this

pack due to increased costs and VAT. This is the last time they will be offered. Your

last chance to buy genuine Northern Soul at a quid each.

seen this today in sales, I've never bought one of these, but I'm tempted, had anybody? are they worth it?

Mal

Social source share

With hindsight I would have purchased everything I ever clapped eyes on,imagine that! Watching old footage of collectors passing by endless white labels when they could have bought the lot.Pretty good advice too for anyone starting collecting,whatever genre.

Social source share

Hard one isn't it, to be honest the room is a factor, I've simply run out of space in my home now, the ceiling is creeping with the weight under my bed, the shelves are full and my beautiful wife keeps telling me, do you need any new records? we all know the answer to that...

that said, curiosity is getting the better of me, somebody must have had one, these things are always full of multiple items surely..

M

Social source share

Hard one isn't it, to be honest the room is a factor, I've simply run out of space in my home now, the ceiling is creeping with the weight under my bed, the shelves are full and my beautiful wife keeps telling me, do you need any new records? we all know the answer to that...

that said, curiosity is getting the better of me, somebody must have had one, these things are always full of multiple items surely..

M

No Multiples Mal but subsequent packs will have repeats in obviously.

I did 'book value' one pack a few years ago and over a grands worth at book.

Social source share

I've thought about grabbin one of these packs myself, as I prefer new cheap stuff over expensive old stuff :thumbsup: they are only £69 on the website though?

https://www.raresoulv...x?categoryId=27

or are these ones special Northern only packs?

Anyhow, for those that have jumped in and bought, would I be better spending my £100 on five carefully chosen £20 records or is lumping £100 in a soul pack likely to yield more quality records than that?

J

Social source share

My brother and I have had a couple of these a few years ago.

About the rarest thing I had was Rare Pleasure "let me down easy".

Though we did get some nice mint copies of Ric Tics JJ Barnes,Edwin, Detroit Emeralds etc.

These aren't rare but they were in great condition.

You quite often see many of the other titles turn up on the Bay with low min bids.

I'm sure that someone must have found something in the past.

I think they're great value if you sold your collection years ago and are thinking of starting again.

Mick

Edited by Mick Sway
Social source share

I've thought about grabbin one of these packs myself, as I prefer new cheap stuff over expensive old stuff :thumbsup: they are only £69 on the website though?

https://www.raresoulv...x?categoryId=27

or are these ones special Northern only packs?

Anyhow, for those that have jumped in and bought, would I be better spending my £100 on five carefully chosen £20 records or is lumping £100 in a soul pack likely to yield more quality records than that?

J

Six and two threes in my opinion. You could well get five (or more) £20 records in the soul pack but spending it on what you want maybe more important to you.

Social source share

As has been said they are not gonna be like the old Soul Bowl packs are they. Surely they will have been picked through and contain next to nothing. Notwithstanding that if Ged booked one at over a grand then they probably do represent good value?

All those years ago as John Anderson will no doubt confirm no one knew how rare or how valuable the Four Tracks or the Imperial C's would become. Nowadays almost every soul 45 has a known value and therefore why would Rick (or whoever picks the records for packs) put any of the massive tunes in there? Unless of course despite their 'book value' Tim has loads of copies and has had for years with no takers.

There have been a couple of 45's over the £50 mark which were unknown to me and not really 'play out' material but definately keepers for me any way.

I wish I'd had the sense to buy a soul bowl pack every pay day back then.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest allnightandy

M

"my beautiful wife keeps telling me, do you need any new records? we all know the answer to that..."

Oh Yesssss Please Dearest ! :yes:

Social source share

Bought a soul pack in 90's (70's and modern ) when i used to buy loads of records from A.A..I must say it was a great investment as i took out what i knew at the time and left the rest in the box.Every now and then i revisit same box and have found loads of great records.

last two i can remember Majik Demo on Hi , N Cole on Millenium

Social source share

Bought a soul pack in 90's (70's and modern ) when i used to buy loads of records from A.A..I must say it was a great investment as i took out what i knew at the time and left the rest in the box.Every now and then i revisit same box and have found loads of great records.

last two i can remember Majik Demo on Hi , N Cole on Millenium

Had I known AA sold records I'd have joined them rather than the RAC :D

Steve

• Helpful 2
Social source share

good value - but if your looking for a hundred that no one has got - you wont get that

usually the same records go into them all bar a few

ive 30 records that have come out of collections

that im willing to sell pot luck @ 100-00 to uk buyers (Due to postage costs)

MIN Value 250-00

Edited by keithw
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!