Jimmy Robins - I Can't Please You - What Copy's Rarer ?

The Tempest

• Replies 23
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Always been puzzled by the Impression issue as it's got a different title and writing and production credits.

Presumably this was done in an attempt to divert the royalties elsewhere?

Rather the other way round with the Chicago Jerhart issue. This is a Californian record through and through.

Social source share

I did once had an Impression home and didn't kept it. It was low-fi in comparaison of the Jerhart and the tune was just not there anymore. The Jerhart just like the UK President one blow the speaker from the first note. So I just kept my Jerhart instead. Is it also the case also with your Impression copy ? Meaning, are they all like that ? Tim

270042541490.jpg200526378983.jpg:g:

Social source share

The copy on Al Benson`s MICA label has a "rougher", slightly un-polished cut to it and is 2 mins 31 seconds.Unfortunately you dont get the same brilliant flip but are compensated by Roy Wright`s - Hook Line& Sinker.

post-7917-0-70977700-1347182871_thumb.jp

Social source share

I did once had an Impression home and didn't kept it. It was low-fi in comparaison of the Jerhart and the tune was just not there anymore. The Jerhart just like the UK President one blow the speaker from the first note. So I just kept my Jerhart instead. Is it also the case also with your Impression copy ? Meaning, are they all like that ? Tim

My Impression copy plays 100% ticketyboo.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

My copy on the Impression label also plays perfectly.

Probably the rarest format of this is the Jerhart white label test press.

I just sold mine the other week on the bay, in fact, I just checked and its listed on popsike. :lol:
Social source share

The copy on Al Benson`s MICA label has a "rougher", slightly un-polished cut to it and is 2 mins 31 seconds.Unfortunately you dont get the same brilliant flip but are compensated by Roy Wright`s - Hook Line& Sinker.

ah ha!...would anyone know if this is the version on honkys double cd he gave away a few years back?...been asking about it since but no one ive spoke to knew of another versionbut as you say its raw,slightly faster and better IMO!...is it expensive?...if you can find one

dean

Edited by spacehopper
Social source share

ah ha!...would anyone know if this is the version on honkys double cd he gave away a few years back?...been asking about it since but no one ive spoke to knew of another versionbut as you say its raw,slightly faster and better IMO!...is it expensive?...if you can find one

dean

The Mica copies have been about since 1983 at the very least.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert