Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Just arrived this morning , awesome 2 sider (thanks to Cover-up on S/S)

BIG MAYBELLE - I CAN'T WAIT ANY LONGER / QUITTIN' TIME - ROJAC

Brill !! IMHO

Swifty :thumbsup:

Swifty

This is the side for me,top tune from a top lady :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Swifty

This is the side for me,top tune from a top lady :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Agreed Martyn , funny thing is I hadn't heard it until a couple of weeks ago :ohmy: , bit Yvonne Baker ish?

Hope you're well mate

Cheers

Like the Barbara McNair , nearly bid one one the other week but forgot , doh!

Social source share

Agreed Martyn , funny thing is I hadn't heard it until a couple of weeks ago :ohmy: , bit Yvonne Baker ish?

Hope you're well mate

Cheers

Like the Barbara McNair , nearly bid one one the other week but forgot , doh!

Swifty

Yes good this end matey hope the same with you.Looking forward to Driving Beat in Leeds tonight,should be a good un.

Just love Big May's voice so distinctive & soulful,saying that not much stuff by her in the collection which I should rectify?

Worth getting a copy of "Here I Am" for "Steal Away" which just a brilliant slowie,I keep meaning to get it cut to a carver as I can't be arsed to carry LP's out with me usually so I don't get to play it out enough :(

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

A little bit of yellow mellow for a grey saturday afternoon. Bought this way back in the day and loved it. Pat Brady spin initially - I think, might have been Sam and Dickie. Twas a long time ago. Found it last night whilst looking for somehting else.

Swiss Movement - I Wish Our Love Would Last Forever

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yep, been a good thread this Gogger - think Dave is running a series.

Lots of good music has been posted it, it's been positive and an education. It hasn't been poncy or elitist in anyway and I've felt comfortable posting a few bits up alongside the more obscure and quality stuff of others.

Great stuff - well done everyone.

Peter

Agree Peter, although I ain't been too active on it. it's always an education, beg thanx to all who take the time to contribute :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Today's post is from the "Here I Am" Motown LP,it's the LP that has the brilliant "Steal Away" (which I've already posted) & title track "Here I Am" on it.This has also been done by the Supremes but not sure who did it first because they are both from 66 & but for me this is the far better version?............is it me or is it the same backing track as Love Unlimited "It May Be Winter Outside"????

Barbara Mcnair-Everything Is Good About You Motown LP

With you on this being the better version Martyn :thumbsup: think supremes was first (1965?) also prefer Barbara McNairs version of Supremes "My World Is Empty Without You" You was asking if it was on US 45! it is mate!

steve

ps when I was playing it our lass asked what it was the similar backing to? .... then she started humming "It may be winter outside" :D

Social source share

With you on this being the better version Martyn :thumbsup: think supremes was first (1965?) also prefer Barbara McNairs version of Supremes "My World Is Empty Without You" You was asking if it was on US 45! it is mate!

steve

ps when I was playing it our lass asked what it was the similar backing to? .... then she started humming "It may be winter outside" :D

Emmmm The Supremes with Miss Ross.........not a fan........so I can only agree about Barbara's version been better.I'll leave it at that as I've got myself into trouble before spouting off about this particular subject :shhh:

See great minds think alike...........I'm in sync with the boss...........is that a good thing :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Apologies if this has been posted before:-

Tammi Terrell - I Can't Believe You Love Me.

The song writing and production on this is stunning I think. Did Johnny Bristol and Harvey Fuqua write a bad track when they were at Motown?

I'd have clicked "Like It" twice if I could..........Tammi's voice WOW!!

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

James & Bobby Purify "Wish You Didn't Have To Go"

Nice record Steve , another one I was looking to put up was 'Help Yourself' same record as Jimmy James but better imho.

Sold a lovely minty Bell demo for peanuts on ebay the other week , Doh!

It's another that I couldn't find on youtube

Cheers

Social source share

Emmmm The Supremes with Miss Ross.........not a fan........so I can only agree about Barbara's version been better.I'll leave it at that as I've got myself into trouble before spouting off about this particular subject :shhh:

See great minds think alike...........I'm in sync with the boss...........is that a good thing :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Funny thing is Martyn , I also seem to have a problem with Miss Diva Ross , I think it must stem back to stories I've heard about her and how she treats people like shite! Maybe unfair as I obviously don't know her :lol: .

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Have to agree with the above posts. Has been a fantastic thread since its beggining, with such a diverse range of soul music being posted for us all to hear, so much of it new to my ears !

I will just say though that we are starting to get quite a few "duplicates" now. Inevitable I guess, as there are so many pages to check back through!

Keep em coming though!

Cheers

Dave

Social source share

I will just say though that we are starting to get quite a few "duplicates" now. Inevitable I guess, as there are so many pages to check back through!

Keep em coming though!

Cheers

Dave

Mm, duplicates! With a memory like mine it's inevitable. You could be the anti duplicate Tsar Dave!

Peter

Social source share

Have to agree with the above posts. Has been a fantastic thread since its beggining, with such a diverse range of soul music being posted for us all to hear, so much of it new to my ears !

Keep em coming though!

Cheers

Dave

Dave

And factor old age,drunkenness into your equation & hey presto I can't remember what I posted yesterday never mind weeks ago :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....IMPORTANT NOTICE...AS THE RECORD CLUB..GETS BIGGER. IT CAN TAKE TIME TO LOAD UP, BEFORE WE MOVE TO THE NEW THREAD, PLEASE MAKE YOUR COMMENTS WITHOUT G THE VIDIO, THIS WILL MAKE THE THREAD FASTER TO LOAD UP (I HOPE) AS ALWAYS THE STANDARD OF SOUL ON THE THREAD HAS BECOME SUPORB, AND OF A VERY HIGH STANDARD, WITH SOME OF YOU TUNES HAVING BEEN PICKED UP BY SOME DJS AND HAS BECOME PART OF THEIR PLAYLIST, HOW SOULFUL IS THAT? HOWEVER AT 3AM A NEW A NEW THREAD WILL START, SO CAN I SAY THANKS TO ALL OF YOU FOR SHAREING SOME OF THE VERY BEST SOUL MUSIC, WITH THE WORLD, KTF DAVE K.

My last pick from the box I have posted before, but many may of missed it 1st time. The record was played in the last year of WIGAN.

HOWEVER it slipped away for years with only a play in the LEEDS area about 6 years ago, when it was reported to be sold at £1000

CHATTANOOGA CR1002. THE PLAYTHINGS - "WHEN YOU COME HOME" RATED 0 ***** VALUE £300+ RARE

So sit back and relax...enjoy this with your CP CO :D DAVE Kpost-13241-0-82531200-1350863334_thumb.j

Social source share