Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Been sneaky & shoving another up as I'm all excited about djing at Bradford tonight.One of my favourite night's out,mainly 60t's with a great mix of lesser known,forgotten oldies you haven't heard in ages & underplayed tunes will all be getting a spin.Played by lesser known dj's with passion,what more do you want from a night.So here's one I've pulled out to maybe make it to the decks.

Intros-Stop Look & Listen Jamie

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Been sneaky & shoving another up as I'm all excited about djing at Bradford tonight.One of my favourite night's out,mainly 60t's with a great mix of lesser known,forgotten oldies you haven't heard in ages & underplayed tunes will all be getting a spin.Played by lesser known dj's with passion,what more do you want from a night.So here's one I've pulled out to maybe make it to the decks.

Intros-Stop Look & Listen Jamie

Brilliant Martyn, I love this, it was played at Stafford at one point, and around the midlands in general during the 80s, but I cant get out of my head that it was an old known sound way before that.

Social source share

Brilliant Martyn, I love this, it was played at Stafford at one point, and around the midlands in general during the 80s, but I cant get out of my head that it was an old known sound way before that.

Paul

Bought it off your old mucker Pete Smith,did me a massive favour as he had it at a good price & then found out that demo's are a lot harder & should have been double what he was asking but been the star he is still sold it to me at the first price :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Another old super cheapie from me today - how can this be worth less than a tenner!! (glad it is cos I just managed to sneak a nice minty copy past the wife)

Jimmy Norman - You Dont Love Me No More

Social source share

Andy

There's something about this tune?Love the backing but it's just here vocals do my head in.Reminds me of some of the stuff Banksy was playing in the early/mid nineties?Jury's still out for me.

Cheers

Martyn

1st heard it when Headsey played at Coachman - bought one the following day and been a fav of mine since - haunting vocals reminds me a bit of Nico - Velvet Underground Edited by andybellwood
Social source share

Another old super cheapie from me today - how can this be worth less than a tenner!! (glad it is cos I just managed to sneak a nice minty copy past the wife)

Paul

One of Lynn's fave tunes & she always bollocks me I don't play it out enough :(

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

1st heard it when Headsey played at Coachman - bought one the following day and been a fav of mine since - haunting vocals reminds me a bit of Nico - Velvet Underground

Andy

Talking of Young Headsey I'm out with him tonight...........should be fun :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Swifty

So jealous,would love one of these in my box :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn , I'll tell you a little secret :wicked: (I know it'll go no further!) a few weeks ago I managed to sit on this and Robert Parker - I Caught You in a Lie!!! Snapping both the buggers :huh: . As I'm only about 16 Stone you'd have thought they would be ok :lol: .

That's what happens when you spin some tunes at Swift Towers whilst being pissed.

Managed to get another Robert Parker but don't think I can afford Moses for a while :thumbsup:

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Martyn , I'll tell you a little secret :wicked: (I know it'll go no further!) a few weeks ago I managed to sit on this and Robert Parker - I Caught You in a Lie!!! Snapping both the buggers :huh: . As I'm only about 16 Stone you'd have thought they would be ok :lol: .

That's what happens when you spin some tunes at Swift Towers whilst being pissed.

Managed to get another Robert Parker but don't think I can afford Moses for a while :thumbsup:

Cheers

Swifty

Nightmare!!!

The demon drink has a lot to answer for............I'm on the wagon having made a twat of myself the last two weekends.Must be getting old as I was a bit concern I might of upset someone...........as if :wicked:

So will be djing sober tonight........I wonder what that's like :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Swifty

Nightmare!!!

The demon drink has a lot to answer for............I'm on the wagon having made a twat of myself the last two weekends.Must be getting old as I was a bit concern I might of upset someone...........as if :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

Don't do it mate 'cause you'll remember what you played :ohmy:

Have a good one Martyn !

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Swifty

Nightmare!!!

Cheers

Martyn

Don't do it mate 'cause you'll remember what you played :ohmy:

Have a good one Martyn !

Yeah, so you won't have an excuse for 'forgetting' something the wife asked you to play.... could be in a whole heap of trouble there Martyn!

:ohmy::lol:

Social source share

Current fave tune - Jerry Butler, from the 1972 album 'Spice of Life'

Which Track? Am at work so blind to streaming video/music of any kind!

I might just 'like' your post anyway, as I love Jerry Butler, and that Album!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Yeah, so you won't have an excuse for 'forgetting' something the wife asked you to play.... could be in a whole heap of trouble there Martyn!

:ohmy::lol:

Paul

On the subject of dj's wives,I once said to my wife.....why don't you dance to all my records when I'm djing like some wives do,her answer was succinct & to the point...........because you play some shit! :huh:

And before you all say it.........yes I know I do :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Which Track? Am at work so blind to streaming video/music of any kind!

I might just 'like' your post anyway, as I love Jerry Butler, and that Album!

Sorry, it's called 'Stop Stepping On My Dreams' written by Jerry Butler & Samuel Brown. The whole album is good, also contains his version of One Night Affair
Social source share

Love the intro Paul - new to my ears. Which is why when she said "Who is it" and he said "It's me" I didn't know who it was! :D

Nice one.

Peter

Social source share

Another one from me today. Keeping with Prince Philip Mitchell theme - Something for the Head. Now not much matches the superb Bobby Womack but I do prefer PPMs version of this one. Both great records - what do you think? It is PPM's song.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Well this djing sober (one pint) lark is a bit of alright,managed to get all the right sides on at all the right speeds :D

Brilliant night with plenty of awesome stuff played & didn't hear a bad spot all night.Great atmosphere & I just love the venue even though it's a bit rough round the edges the room is just perfect for a soul night.Plenty in even though Burnley was on just down the road,one of those night's when all the nutters were out together,never stopped laughing & talking bollocks all-night.........the perfect night in my book :thumbsup:

So today's post is one that filled the floor for me last night..........

El Anthony-We've Been In Love Too Long La Cindy

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Brilliant night at Just SoulRetford last night highlight for me , as have never heard it played out and am posting again was Willie Claytons "Tell Me" which packed the floor and rendered me into a soulful mess ( or was that the larger!!) just Fantastic!!!! Or was it General crook?????

Edited by Andy Reynard
Social source share

Brilliant night at Just SoulRetford last night highlight for me , as have never heard it played out and am posting again was Willie Claytons "Tell Me" which packed the floor and rendered me into a soulful mess ( or was that the larger!!) just Fantastic!!!! Or was it General crook?????

The great, great Willie Clayton.

Cheers Andy. I might post one of his up.

Peter

Social source share

Another storming cheapie on RCA from me this evening, the backing does remind me of "I will follow him" though!

Jagged Edge - Baby Dont You Know

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL....Not sure if this early sound from Kingston JA, Hortence Ellis had such a good voice for a femal Jamaican? true, most women of the Treasure Isle screech their songs, JACKIE & HIS GIRLS? more like JACKIE & ALLY CATS!

However the proud parents of Alton & Hortence Ellis, as the become Top Jamacain artists, Hortence did a few very good soul cavers reggae style, But it's this obscure 1963 45 on R&B DISCS London, that the soul scene wants to hear, all be it 50 years on' in fact whatever your taste, never leave any record on R&B LABEL, as their are many collectors who pay well for missing #, Goergie Fame is a classic, and Jimmy James do you want to jump children 5 stars,

R&B RECORDS - HORTENCE ELLIS - i'll come softly - RATED ***** VALUE? Copy in scan cost £4.05 2 weeks ago that included P&P from Canada, also look out for Jimmy James song on WIRL as this is the reply to his great tune,

Please enjoy? :thumbsup:DAVE

post-13241-0-65070600-1350256459_thumb.j https://youtu.be/SWUsKvCEMMs

• Helpful 2
Social source share