Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Thanks Martyn,

Brilliant record was just taken by suprise, had to check the decks at first, must have been a recording slip up. Will be interesting if the same fault is on the british released jayboy record.

ATB

Mark

Mark

Always think it sounds like someone has caught the deck (with there fat belly :wicked:) & slowed it down for a second.I checked to make sure it wasn't my decks when I first got it to :huh:

The British copy............the dark side of collecting,can't get my head round US releases never mind the minefield that's British :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Back to my teenage years today with something I found kicking around the back of the box in a paper sleeve, sadly neglected and forgotten about since the last century!

Released on UK ABC in the mid/late 70s around the time a whole host of stuff was getting reissued on UK London, ABC, RCA, etc, was big in a few places that were playing 'modern' at the time as a new release.

I don't actually know if it was released in the US, or even if it was a reissue of sorts in the UK, the UK ABC release is the only one I've ever seen.. so, without further ado...

George Clinton - Please Don't Run

Social source share

This just arrived this morning, acquired off a fellow soul sourcer. (thanks Des.)

Jesse Fisher - your not loving a beginner.

Mark

Was that the one that was ridiculously cheap(hope it was)?Seen one recently that was really cheap but can't remember where & should have had a punt at?Cracking tune & what a dancer :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Brilliant posts so far today boys hope I can keep the standard up.

Well I'm going for an out & out dancer from a lady I know very little about,the only thing I do know is she's got one hell of a voice.Never heard it out but would love to,it would be a great one to take you from 60t's into 70's when djing.This has a great B side (I'm A Lonely Woman)but I couldn't find anywhere on You Tube?Another that won't cost you much more then a couple of pints & worth every penny.

Brenda Lee Eager- In My World Mercury

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Mark

Was that the one that was ridiculously cheap(hope it was)?Seen one recently that was really cheap but can't remember where & should have had a punt at?Cracking tune & what a dancer :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Yes, very cheap and in excellent condition too. Been after one for a while, really good dancer that should get a lot more exposure than it does.

ATB

Mark

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Visited Manifesto last night for the first time in awhile & had a great night,new room that is just right for a soul night & music to match.

So today's choice is one that sound great last night & is a proper cheapie.

Odd & Ends-Let Me Try Today (sorry if it's already posted???)

• Helpful 3
Social source share