Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Been a good few posts of big voiced singers over the weekend, so I might as well add one...

LP track from the mighty Frank Dell

Nobody loves me like you baby

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL. Here's a platter that will matter, this was a ALL-NIGHTER sound dance to by the in-crowd of MODS from LONDON to BIRMINGHAM to LIDDYPOOL, DIE DIE DIE! oops couldn't resist the JACK SLADE INTRO.

When GOD gave ADAM EVE she looked around and said, i;m bored lets do something to-gather ADAM was happy to be a hard man,

EVE said I don't fancy plumbs mate? I wanna dance to DONNIE ELBERT :g: I can't help my-self :thumbsup:

When we think about rude music, the mid 6t JA style comes to the four Mr DONNIE ELBERT loved to put innuendo into his songs as the US Title of song shows, left of the UK Recording, SUE WI-396 - "YOU CAN PUSH IT OR YOU CAN PULL IT" DONNIE ELBERT

:huh: EXCELLENT 5~~~***** UPTEMPO DANCER, VALUE £20 MY TYPE OF RECORD, (That's why I never get asked to DJ??) ENJOY :rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-26393100-1349656331_thumb.j

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL. Here's a platter that will matter, this was a ALL-NIGHTER sound dance to by the in-crowd of MODS from LONDON to BIRMINGHAM to LIDDYPOOL, DIE DIE DIE! oops couldn't resist the JACK SLADE INTRO.

When GOD gave ADAM EVE she looked around and said, i;m bored lets do something to-gather ADAM was happy to be a hard man,

EVE said I don't fancy plumbs mate? I wanna dance to DONNIE ELBERT :g: I can't help my-self :thumbsup:

When we think about rude music, the mid 6t JA style comes to the four Mr DONNIE ELBERT loved to put innuendo into his songs as the US Title of song shows, left of the UK Recording, SUE WI-396 - "YOU CAN PUSH IT OR YOU CAN PULL IT" DONNIE ELBERT

:huh: EXCELLENT 5~~~***** UPTEMPO DANCER, VALUE £20 MY TYPE OF RECORD, (That's why I never get asked to DJ??) ENJOY :rofl: DAVE

post-13241-0-26393100-1349656331_thumb.j

Nice cheap oldie Dave, one I haven't heard in a long time too.

Nice post mate

:thumbsup:

Social source share

A tune I've never heard out & still haven't got round to playing out myself but I should as I think it's brill.Has that Mod/60t's feel that just sounds great played out loud.Lou Reed used to be in this group,not sure if he was still in it when this was recorded?

The All Night Workers - Honey & Wine Cameo

Social source share

Nice bit of Salsoul history from me today, had this on really LOUD at home over the weeknd... sounded great!

Love Committee - Cheaters Never Win

Social source share

The Hesitations Is this the way to treat a girl(you bet it is) GWP504

Smudger

A tune I've always loved but would never attempt to dance to?My little legs just don't work to tunes like this.........Ann Sexton's another :D

Cheers

Martyn

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Sing-A-Long time from me today.A tune that always brings a smile to my face when I hear it,it's just one of those tunes for me.Not heard it out in ages which is a pity,it was quite popular at one time.Worth a tenner of anyone's money.

Lenny O'Henry-Across The Street Atco

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Sing-A-Long time from me today.A tune that always brings a smile top my face when I hear it,it's just one of those tunes for me.Not heard it out in ages which is a pity,it was quite popular at one time.Worth a tenner of anyone's money.

Lenny O'Henry-Across The Street Atco

Just got a nice minty White demo this week Martyn for about £8.00 , great record , sound great loud (as do most lol!)

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I was playing a couple of old Ashford & Simpson albums over the weekend too, I'd forgotten just how good they were, one of my favourite tracks, and something I haven't heard out for over 15 years...

'It seems to hang on' from the 1978 LP "is it still good to ya"

Social source share

I was playing a couple of old Ashford & Simpson albums over the weekend too, I'd forgotten just how good they were, one of my favourite tracks, and something I haven't heard out for over 15 years...

'It seems to hang on' from the 1978 LP "is it still good to ya"

it's still played out Paul n rightly so Blackpool , Whitby,kellbrook ,and keighley , all in the last few weeks and real nice to dance to floorpacker for sure! Sounds Great!
Social source share

Might be breaking the rules, but a third one from me today. Just got this from the states on jayboy label, Doris Willingham and about 5 seconds into the tune the record sounds as tho it slips, played it a couple of times and it is defo on the record. Is this a problem with this pressed vinyl record ? (great tune all the same)

Doris Willingham - you can do that.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Might be breaking the rules, but a third one from me today. Just got this from the states on jayboy label, Doris Willingham and about 5 seconds into the tune the record sounds as tho it slips, played it a couple of times and it is defo on the record. Is this a problem with this pressed vinyl record ? (great tune all the same)

Doris Willingham - you can do that.

Mark

Had mine years & have always thought that about the slip,deffo in the recording...........part of the record for me now :D

Been told it was played at The Mecca?

Great record always loved it.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Mark

Had mine years & have always thought that about the slip,deffo in the recording...........part of the record for me now :D

Been told it was played at The Mecca?

Great record always loved it.

Cheers

Martyn

Thanks Martyn,

Brilliant record was just taken by suprise, had to check the decks at first, must have been a recording slip up. Will be interesting if the same fault is on the british released jayboy record.

ATB

Mark

Social source share