Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Oldies time from me today too.One that came out on two labels.......Jotis & Atlantic.If you love em up-tempo this is the baby for you.This usually hits the decks in our house when I've had one or two & feel like a dance :lol:

Loretta Williams - Baby Cakes Jotis

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Oldies time from me today too.One that came out on two labels.......Jotis & Atlantic.If you love em up-tempo this is the baby for you.This usually hits the decks in our house when I've had one or two & feel like a dance :lol:

On almost permanently then? :lol::P

Social source share

Bettye Swann 'Today I started loving you again'

Can't get this one off the record deck at mo - flip 'brings back memories of nites at Newcastle City Hall in the 7ts with Christine McVie fronting Chicken Shack

I'm a big fan of Betty Swann's unique voice - just oozes soul.

Nice one Andy.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Yep, this is dance music Martyn.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

This is my fave at the moment but I cant find the Atlantic version with the female backing which in my humble opinion is the best version, but what a tune !!!!

SAM DEES - COME BACK STRONG

You've got good taste Pete. This is a stunning piece of soul music - just a bit short!

Been listening to a bit of Sam Dees of late.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Here you go Pete

Here you go Pete

Pete the Atlantic 45 is proper different and far better IMHO Awesome !!! and about £15

but I can't find it on youtube :hatsoff2:

Anyway hope you are well mate , been away for a couple of weeks and trying to catch up !

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Hey I've been on Holiday for a couple of weeks so here's one of my favourites

HAROLD MELVIN - GET OUT - LANDA

Remember going down to Soulbowl one Saturday and getting this for £4 and also getting Edward Hamilton - Baby don't you weep for £8 only earning £12 a week then, Oh Happy Days !

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest drewid

This is my fave at the moment but I cant find the Atlantic version with the female backing which in my humble opinion is the best version, but what a tune !!!!

SAM DEES - COME BACK STRONG

get the lp!!!!!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Swifty, here's the Atlantic 45 take, agree with you, it's the best version :thumbsup:

steve

Steve , you're a star mate , I couldn't find the bugger anywhere and thought I was losing the plot or had the only different version in the world :lol: . Bloody awesome record imho , I just bought another copy for $8 , dont know why?

Thanks for that

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup::hatsoff2:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Steve , you're a star mate , I couldn't find the bugger anywhere and thought I was losing the plot or had the only different version in the world :lol: . Bloody awesome record imho , I just bought another copy for $8 , dont know why?

Thanks for that

Cheers

Yep, well done Steve.

As you say Pete - very different take and about a minute longer!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks for that

Cheers

thought I'd stuck it on YT yonks ago Swifty, but when I checked I hadn't, so just posted it mate, $8..... a bargain, nice one :thumbsup:

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Big thanx to that man Kev Cane for putting me onto this.

Richard Smith "I Don't Wanna Cry" on Hi-Q records out of Detroit from 1964.

...and tother side "Mama Cried" is worth posting too!

steve

Steve

I was with Mr Cane last weekend...........he got me drunk :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Big thanx to that man Kev Cane for putting me onto this.

Richard Smith "I Don't Wanna Cry" on Hi-Q records out of Detroit from 1964.

...and tother side "Mama Cried" is worth posting too!

steve

Steve

DELICIOUS!!

When you coming up for an afternoon with Mr Dunn?

gary

Social source share

never tire of this ........................

Iron Knowledge - Oh love - Tammy

gary

new one here Gary, superb mate! right up my street that, with a name like Iron Knowledge, I'd have skipped right by it!

btw, hoping to get up to Fraser soon, and looking forward to your goodself appearing on his show soon too! :thumbsup:

steve

Social source share