Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

One from me today that has still to have it's day......but it will as it's too good to slip through the net imo?Just love the lyrics to it & everytime I hear it I want to dance.You don't see them for sale that often but a good trawl about might turn the odd one up at a descent price?

Terri Thornton - Molly Marlene Mothers Records & The Snarff Company

Social source share

CROWN HEIGHTS AFFAIR,DREAMING A DREAM-Delight-a few mixes of this cant find my mix on this label but found it on another reasonably priced tennerish

Always liked this, bought it when it was 1st released! - those were the days!

Social source share

A current fave rave of mine - with Dean Parrish on vocals i believe

Liam, could you put the Artist and Title of your selection in the post, or make a little post of title and artist and reason for selection before posting the video please, that is one of the requirements Dave laid out at the beginning of the thread.

It helps people like me who are at work, or can't see the videos on their phones follow whats been posted, so they comment, or make their own post without duplicating something posted earlier that day.

Ta very loads!

:hatsoff2:

Ady, Can I draw your attention to a post I made the other day to LHFCLIAM (see above). I* know I seem to be a bit anal about this, but it's really irritating not knowing what someone has posted, and it is in the rules for posting on the thread that Dave has laid out, I'm really sorry to keep repeating myself, but I'm scared I miss something good!!

So, a quick post with artist,title, reason for choice, then a post with the video in - please...

Ta!

Social source share

Little Ben & The Cheers - I'm Gonna Get Even With You - Penny

Punching above its weight for sure.

:yes:

Brilliant tune and something thats been under rated and overlooked (but not in our house!) for far too long!

:thumbup:

Social source share

Paul

New to me this version & love it..........certainly need good gear to keep up with it :D

Cheers

Martyn

LP is only cheap too Martyn, £10 - £20, been pretty big at Burnley over the last year.

Gear? Don't know what you mean mate! :wicked::wink:

Social source share

Liam, could you put the Artist and Title of your selection in the post, or make a little post of title and artist and reason for selection before posting the video please, that is one of the requirements Dave laid out at the beginning of the thread.

It helps people like me who are at work, or can't see the videos on their phones follow whats been posted, so they comment, or make their own post without duplicating something posted earlier that day.

Ta very loads!

:hatsoff2:

Ah sorry I did not realise MrC. I will do this in future. :)

Edited by thfcliam
Social source share

Girlie dancer day from me today & a little beaut it is to & one of my wife's (as well as mine)fave tunes.From an artist who's done a few goodies but seems to slip under the radar most of the time.On JM's for £40,so if a bit of a trawling about was done I would think you'll get one a bit cheaper.

Jackie Verdell-Come Let Me Love You Peacock

Social source share

Girlie dancer day from me today & a little beaut it is to & one of my wife's (as well as mine)fave tunes.From an artist who's done a few goodies but seems to slip under the radar most of the time.On JM's for £40,so if a bit of a trawling about was done I would think you'll get one a bit cheaper.

Jackie Verdell-Come Let Me Love You Peacock

Posted a couple of Jackie Verdell tunes over the life of "Record of the Day" - hadn't got round to this one yet! I do like my girlie dancers too. Nice choice Martyn, and you're right , you can pick them up for around the £25 mark if you look

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Cheap as chips, but to hear it for the 1st time you'd think you couldn't afford it, the excellent....

Syl Johnson - Try Me on Twinight

Social source share

Not posted one for a while. Played this for the first time for ages today - used to get lots of play back in the day. Lyrics we can all empathise with at some point and very nice vocals from the man.

Johnny Bristol - Love No Longer ............

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Another oldie, always loved it, and one of the 1st records I ever played to the wife for what were obvious reasons at the time! I know the other side has been played out a lot more over recent years, but this is still my favourite side:

The Paramounts - Girl With The Big Black Boots on Mercury

Social source share