Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Fed up of bidding in vain for his Lonely For You Baby? Well go for this 1971 quality slab of soul instead which also has a fantastic flip Can You Be A One Man Woman - Looking forward to this coming through the letter box next week! The DJ at the end is one of Norwich's finest, Keith Slater.

Sam Dees - Put You Back In Your Place

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Another old Wigan big room spin that never sees the light of day anymore, (like Wayne Cochran - I'm in trouble that I posted many moons ago, although I do know of someone around Nottingham way that's been playing that out...) - apart from our house and anywhere I can get a spot =:-)

Larry Barnes - Rags is Rags on SMASH

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI ALL Heres one to make you think! why do I buy expensive records? when I ain't even got a copy of AL GREEN???

MAYBE it's to NORTHERN for to-days "young old boys"? however this forgotton oldie, deserves to get regulare spins, me thinks/

BELL 45 258, AL GREEN - " LET ME HELP YOU" - My Rating is 6****** Value = cheap as chips, but worth a COD more, ENJOY DAVE K

post-13241-0-55761800-1349148701_thumb.j

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I am liking this today and theres one going on ebay I have got my eye on.

Liam, could you put the Artist and Title of your selection in the post, or make a little post of title and artist and reason for selection before posting the video please, that is one of the requirements Dave laid out at the beginning of the thread.

It helps people like me who are at work, or can't see the videos on their phones follow whats been posted, so they comment, or make their own post without duplicating something posted earlier that day.

Ta very loads!

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Think I'm having a bit of a Wigan oldies period at the moment - No! I'm not going to start wearing baggy pants, a vest, and a beer towel again!

This was quite big for a short while, loved it then, still love it now, and it probably still costs the same now as it did then!

Sonny Oceans - Pity Me on Columbia

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL For info the PLAYERS RECORDS were getting spins at the dawn of the rare soul scene,

at the TWISTED WHEEL, and "get right" MINIT 32928 NEARLY GOT A RELEASE ON PRESIDANT,

NO SOUND CLIP FOR THIS TUNE? BUT IT IS A CHEAP BUY AT £15 :thumbsup: DAVE

post-13241-0-05252400-1349201231_thumb.j

great track Dave, here's a sound clip for ya.....

The Players - Get Right

https://youtu.be/JAQezi178gM

I always loved the ballad flip to this Dave, such a haunting vocal!... here's tother side too!

The Players - I'm So Alone

https://youtu.be/JFOHzRV9q9U

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Some great tunes recently boys,great mix eras & tempo's :thumbsup:

Today's offering is a nice little cheapie from one of the scene's greats,this just shouts dance to me.

Johnny Moore - What More Can One Man Do Larry-O

Great tune Martyn!

Social source share