Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Well that was a weekend & a half,knackered today but it was all worth it :D

Unfortunately looks like that was the last Wilton on Friday night,sad as it's been one the best nighters the scene has had.Lasting nearly 20 years it doesn't get the credit it deserves for carrying the torch for the new & underplayed scene.My soul music education wouldn't anywhere near what it is today without all the tunes I've heard there & the information about those tunes from some of the most knowledgeable people on the scene.Still at least I've had 16 years of the Wilton experience which better then most.

One I played there on Friday.................

The Superiors-I'd Rather Die Sue

Social source share

I'm gonna follow Andy's lead & post an Harvey Averne track as I love a lot of his stuff.I've got this on LP & 45 & I'm sure they are slightly different cuts but that might be just my ears? :D Very similar backing to "Ordinary Joe".

Harvey Averne Dozen - Central Park Uptite

great one Martyn - keeping the theme goin', here's another one which gets a few to the decks to enquire..

Edited by andybellwood
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Not contributed to this thread before (I lose patience with threads after 3 pages, that's my fault, but enjoying looking through now to add to wants list). Pulled this out to play this morning and needed to share.

John Rhys and Liveley Set - Nothing but Love (Impact 1024).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Posting this today because the weekend I had planned last weekend was completely wrecked by my getting called into work for late shifts on friday and saturday, so, a title that kind of summed up my feelings....

Micky Lynn - I've got the Blues

Social source share

in the play box for the next waterfront ...

A google search says this would be the Specials - Everybody say yeah

(cant see the video posts at work Andy, need a group/title in the post so I know whats been put up!)

Social source share

Not contributed to this thread before (I lose patience with threads after 3 pages, that's my fault, but enjoying looking through now to add to wants list). Pulled this out to play this morning and needed to share.

John Rhys and Liveley Set - Nothing but Love (Impact 1024).

Dean

Not many inst been put up so make a nice change & a good un at that :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

It's great when you finally get your hands on a long time want, this might not be to everyone's tastes but I have always liked it. Not an expensive record but only available on a Dutch phillips release on 7", (it was on one of her albums I seem to recall). Jay & the Americans released it on smash but imho this is much better.

Madeline Bell - Help yourself to all of my lovin.

Social source share

It's great when you finally get your hands on a long time want, this might not be to everyone's tastes but I have always liked it. Not an expensive record but only available on a Dutch phillips release on 7", (it was on one of her albums I seem to recall). Jay & the Americans released it on smash but imho this is much better.

Madeline Bell - Help yourself to all of my lovin.

Nice tune, and one thats prompted my post for today, I bloody love this tune, whoever it's by! But this is the version that edges it for me

The Walker Brothers - Living Above Your Head.

Edited by MrC
Social source share