Original Epitome Of Sound?

Autumnstoned

https://www.ebay.co.u...cvip=true&rt=nc

I bid fairly large on this today but was still outbid! Haven't had much luck bidding for top 500 on ebay. I was a little unsure about it after placing the bid as there is no reference in the listing to it being original or to the stamp under the label so searched popsike where there is a listing for a 70t's boot (40$ ) although the photo for that listing showed a white/cream label with red lettering which according to JM's guide is an original issue. I was a bit relieved that I lost in the end as I was gonna sell it and ultimately there wouldn't have been much left over. What do others think? Has someone bought a dud? Hope the link works.

Edited by autumnstoned
Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I bid fairly large on this today but was still outbid! Haven't had much luck bidding for top 500 on ebay. I was a little unsure about it after placing the bid as there is no reference in the listing to it being original or to the stamp under the label so searched popsike where there is a listing for a 70t's boot (40$ ) although the photo for that listing showed a white/cream label with red lettering which according to JM's guide is an original issue. I was a bit relieved that I lost in the end as I was gonna sell it and ultimately there wouldn't have been much profit. What do others think? Has someone bought a dud? Hope the link works.

Looks ok to me - but there's plenty of folk who know a lot more than me. Got a battered one mesen somewhere.

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest DELORENZO

The Stamp under the label is hard to see also, under a bright light at a certain angle is visible.... (I think I need glasses though, so for you lot it's plain to see lol)

Social source share

It's a definite original.

There is no bootleg of the cream and red issue.

That's what I thought. I had a look at your thread from January when you bought a copy for £6.00 and was hoping I might get this cheapish as there were no bidders yesterday when the opening was $100. I think I'd make a useless record dealer!

Edited by autumnstoned
Social source share

That's what I thought. I had a look at your thread from January when you bought a copy for £6.00 and was hoping I might get this cheapish as there were no bidders yesterday when the opening was $100. I think I'd make a useless record dealer!

Nah I was just lucky, well patient and lucky, I had looked at every single record in that section so the work paid off.

I remember when £6 was the actual going rate though!

Social source share

I bid fairly large on this today but was still outbid! Haven't had much luck bidding for top 500 on ebay. I was a little unsure about it after placing the bid as there is no reference in the listing to it being original or to the stamp under the label so searched popsike where there is a listing for a 70t's boot (40$ ) although the photo for that listing showed a white/cream label with red lettering which according to JM's guide is an original issue. I was a bit relieved that I lost in the end as I was gonna sell it and ultimately there wouldn't have been much left over. What do others think? Has someone bought a dud? Hope the link works.

the issue was never booted 'its a real one.

Social source share

could you link me to that thread, sounds a good story but cant find it in search?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert