Footsie

45cellar

Bloody hell, i'm tingling all over what brilliant memories, the clapping sounds like a well drilled army unit. Thanks to all for the clips.

Anyone got any of this stuff on cd?

tone

======

as my earlier posting

a CD selection of the 'best from wigan'

regards

mark

ps if you think these clips are good wait til u hear the rhino on here!!!

Live Wigan CD

Mike Post - Afternoon of the Rhino - 1974

Saxie Russell - Psychadelic Soul - 1974

Sharonettes - Papa Ooh mow mow - 1975

Jimmy Thomas - This beautiful night - 1975

Earl Wright - Thumb a ride - 1975

Frankie Valli - The Night - 1975

Doni Burdick - Bari Track - 1975

Chosen Few - Footsie - 1975

Gloria Jones - Tainted Love - 1975

Brothers - Are you ready for this - 1975

Detroit Executives - Cool Off - 1977

Gene Woodbury - Ever again - 1978

Muriel Day - Nine times out of ten - 1978

Holly St James - Thats not love - 1978

Stemmons Express - Womans love thief - 1978

Bob Relf - Blowing my mind to pieces - 1979

Lee Roye - Tears - 1979

Checkerboard Squares - Double Cooking - 1979

Agents - Trouble - 1980

Cecil Washington - I don’t like to lose - 1981

Eddie Holman - Night to remember - 1981 (Farewell Oldies Allniter)

Jades - I’m where its at - 1981 (Farewell Oldies Allniter)

Larry Saunders - On the real side - (Farewell Oldies Allniter)

Present - Manys the slip - End of an era

Fats Domino - It keeps raining - End of an era

August & Deneen - We go together - End of an era

Velvets - I got to find somebody - End of an era

Gerri Grainger - I go to pieces - End of an era

Jimmy Radcliffe - Long after tonights all over - End of an era

Tobi Legend - Time will pass you by - End of an era

Dean Parrish - Im on my way - End of an era

Social source share

Better make this the last clip of the night I think, this was recorded the night Archie Bell and the Drells were on, great atmosphere that night (18-6-77), this is the Four Seasons I'm Gonna Change, just posted up because of the great clapping really

Thank Christ thats the last one tonight Pete. Yvonne Baker was playing 1st time I walked through the doors into Wigan - 74, Tainted Love - too much for me, got me all emotional now!! Only one missing tonight must be Paul Humphrey - Cochise, also shit now, but how BIG then. Must have been played 5 or 6 times a night. Just going to dry my eyes now,

Alan

Social source share

Thank Christ thats the last one tonight Pete. Yvonne Baker was playing 1st time I walked through the doors into Wigan - 74, Tainted Love - too much for me, got me all emotional now!! Only one missing tonight must be Paul Humphrey - Cochise, also shit now, but how BIG then. Must have been played 5 or 6 times a night. Just going to dry my eyes now,

Alan

Pete - many thanks for the tapes - magnificent memories refreshed ranting_1.gif

I've had books out showing pictures to the family, then playing the incredible footage clapping by hundreds of people at least, all in unison, and absolutely brilliant tear provoking atmosphere that made so very special to those lucky enough to have made the trip - short, far or very far in some case. What a great venue in it's day, wish I was going this weekend.

Thanks again Pete

Dave.

Social source share

Alan

========

what was the atmosphere like at the mecca?

Social source share

========

what was the atmosphere like at the mecca?

Didnt go to the Mecca till 1975, totally different to Wigan. Think I was too much into the Wigan thing to really get the Mecca. Had some great (mad!) weekends when Wigan oldies started on Friday, go to Blackpool Sat morning, Mecca Sat evening, back to Wigan for Sat all nighter. Happy days!!!

Alan

Social source share

When I was thinking about putting a few tracks up, I went to get my 'Wigan tapes boxes' and there was only one there, with about 45 tapes in. That means I've lost an entire boxful. Mark I think you had copies of all mine years ago, so at least those are safe. In my garage I had a box of tapes and one was the Radio One special from 1975 where they interview people at Wigan etc, that, and loads more tapes and magazines, all got ruined when the roof leaked last year.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!