Big Hit 106

Steve G

Actually, no it's not - just found it. Typical 60s midtempo male duets with perhaps a southern feel. Reminiscent of Pic & Bill somehow. Mainly guitar, drum and piano backing - no brass. "You better (get yourself together) the original a side has a slightly funky break. Don't recall noticing this on other Big Hit 45s - this one has the titles in the run out, plus JMM's intitials and "Sound Patterns mastering Detroits first!" scratched in.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

any word on the eldees?

When I collected the label, found The Eldees the toughest to find. I spent a lot of time in Detroit in the late 80's and finally purchased it from a collecter for $250. Big Hit 111 and Big Hit 110 with its different flip side was also scarce. Just moved home and will try to post in the next few weeks.

Cheers Richard

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Apologise for the photo quality, red labels are always a problem. Info is as follows:-

a-side Help Me Grow Up (To Be A Man) written by D. Yancey, who also wrote the groups the a-side of the Eldees release on Dynamics, so presume it is the same group. Produced by Johnnie Mae Matthews and D.Yancey, Music by Black Nasty.

b-side You're A Sweet Thing written by D.Yancey & H.McGhee. Production credits the same.

Will try to post a soundbite later, when I am back working.

To anyone who has noticed I only have one posting, I have been away from the site for a time with cancer, my wife dying of cancer, relocating to another town etc. When I came to log back on I had forgotten my password. Sign of the times, I am sure a lot of you can relate to it, so I had to start over again. Thanks to Mike for his help.

Of to the States next week, so hopefully will do so buying and I will be back selling in a couple of weeks.

Cheers

Richard Pack

post-28346-0-62675500-1347637774_thumb.jpost-28346-0-72379100-1347637892_thumb.j

Edited by selectadisc
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!