Northern Soul Top 500 Rareities

Guest Brett F

WD or purple stock copy, sir?! :thumbsup:

Now a white demo would be something to see.

Didn,t know there were any real! Dore WD,s.

Mines a stock copy purple....But here is the white demo.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Dewy black take love where l find it refleur.....only know of potsy's , cliff camfield ......top burnley tune of the last 3 years.....think someone else out there plays a boot,but hey that don,t count so i,m told

Social source share

thats interesting! i paid 500 for it about 12 years ago and nobody i knew had any idea about the record,and i played it to shifty and peaple who have monster collections and more knowledge than me and they havnt heard it, at that time, in my hours of boredom i sometimes put tunes i had in popsyke and thats one i did put in.didnt pop up. interesting!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hustlers - Goodbye - Fascination

I agree with George, I'm afraid Duncan...I used to pick this up from US lists (pre-internet) very easily and cheap, and sell between £15 and £30 saying it was reminiscent of the Excuses' 'Trickbag', when that was popular (and way before that one turned up in quantity too!). Possibly a bit too Mod-y for main floor Northern rooms...but I like it.

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

WD or purple stock copy, sir?! :thumbsup:

Now a white demo would be something to see.

Didn,t know there were any real! Dore WD,s.

Oddly enough the first WD I saw (mine is a purple stocker) was in a collection over here...the guy collected Era and Dore en masse...amazing collection of discs, albeit they naturally were far from being all Soul!

Probably too slow for main floor popularity, but us chin-strokers like a shuffle to this one!

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

Dewy black take love where l find it refleur.....only know of potsy's , cliff camfield ......top burnley tune of the last 3 years.....think someone else out there plays a boot,but hey that don,t count so i,m told

used to play it too a few years ago, actually first a Andy Dyson spin if I am not mistaken ? Didnt know it got booted though ?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

used to play it too a few years ago, actually first a Andy Dyson spin if I am not mistaken ? Didnt know it got booted though ?

have you got a copy then?

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

records are a bit like lionel messi....play for their country....rubbish ..no reaction......play at the right club....BINGO.... magic happens....

Social source share

records are a bit like lionel messi....play for their country....rubbish ..no reaction......play at the right club....BINGO.... magic happens....

No reaction? Not how I remember it but if someone else wants to take the credit I'm not gonna argue.

But some DJ's move one, drop records, bring new records in.

And it's Reeflair as well...

post-225-0-85227500-1346490268_thumb.jpg

Playlist here of Marc's from 2004....

https://www.soul-magi...ayinitcool.html

Social source share

Blimey Dave Knight a name from the past, use to turn up some amazing tunes cheap as well

Yes Ted... bought Charles Brandy issue (mint apart from sticker mark, see Manships price guide vol 4 as that was the one), Cashmeres (mint, Mr Bicknell commented he had never seen one in such fine condition when I played it at the Wilton back in the early 90's), Celeste Hardy (sat in my box unplayed until I let it go to auction) and something else which was a big un for ... wait for it.......... £90. Oh those good old days... long gone I'm afraid.

Steve

Steve

Social source share

No reaction? Not how I remember it but if someone else wants to take the credit I'm not gonna argue.

But some DJ's move one, drop records, bring new records in.

And it's Reeflair as well...

post-225-0-85227500-1346490268_thumb.jpg

Playlist here of Marc's from 2004....

https://www.soul-magi...ayinitcool.html

yes, it was always meet by a good dancefloor reaction over here esp. at the hip city, atb marc

Social source share

pshycadelic frankie , puttin you out of my life , first heard this on an old m koppel tape from the 7ts, tape was given to me 15 yr since ,wanted one as soon as i heard it, quality and rarity together= couldnt get one, out of price range now

Social source share

Sold my issue to a certain record dealer.... seems to be the only one. Bought it from Dave Knight in York about 87 ish.

Edwin had a stock copy as well...may still have it...he is on here, but can't recall his membership name.

Let's face it, this is a very hard record on stock or WD!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
Guest DeeJay

Blimey Dave Knight a name from the past, use to turn up some amazing tunes cheap as well

Is a blast from the past I sold him my (mintish) Eric Mercury for 140 quid One of the 2 records i regret selling

DJ

Social source share

Oddly enough the first WD I saw (mine is a purple stocker) was in a collection over here...the guy collected Era and Dore en masse...amazing collection of discs, albeit they naturally were far from being all Soul!

Probably too slow for main floor popularity, but us chin-strokers like a shuffle to this one!

I've got a w/d of this too, didn't think it was that rare, just unusual.

Social source share

Guest ashleysoul

Not in any sort of order then?

499. Walter & the Admerations - Man Oh Man (What Have I Done)

any chance you'll sell me your copy

:)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!