Mell Hueston & Calif. Malibus = £75 Each

Anoraks Corner

Mell Hueston on Cez Vista..."a solid Detroiter".

and

Calif.Malibus on M&M..."potential is frankly obvious".

I have one of each...both near mint...£75 each + £10 P&P.

UK Lloyds bank transfer or PayPal (+4%)

Enjoy the descriptions from Manship's auctions at the beginning of June this year:

:thumbup:

Mell Hueston

Searching C/w I Need Some Loving

Now here's a seldom-seen oddity that I'm always pleased to meet up with, because I just adore BOTH sides. So why is it odd?

The label references Los Angeles, this is a solid Detroiter; a Walter Whisenhunt session, the husband of Gloria Taylor; who always delights with his consistently tight precise fluid productions, but the L. A. address and co-producer, a mysterious Casablanca puzzles.

What doesn't puzzle one iota is what's in the grooves - "Searching" is a superb version of Willie Hatcher's Groovesville session - flip it over to be met by a Detroit instrumental that just drips with the City's Sound and era.

Two strong sides - seldom seen for sale and another 45 underlining just how much untapped quality is rare but acquirable, for the NS jock to give more than just a cursory turntable outing to.

Sorry, this item has already been won!

The winning bid was £ 190.00

Calif. Malibus

Love In My Life C/w I Stand Alone

Anyone remember the larger than life character Bob Catteneo aka Daly City Bob. A soul-collector turned dealer who's Bay Area establishment Soul Odyssey carved the future of so many fledgling Brit dealers. (Mine included)

Bob would source and dispatch all California new soul releases many of which became UK All-Niter monsters, some which slept for a few years to emerge decades later at purist venues like Soul Essence or The Orwell. Some today still lay in the most complete of Europe's Soul collections having had little or no club exposure.

This example, has over the years visited all 3 scenarios. In the year 2012 this 1976 Daly City immigrant is elusive and loaded with all the ingredients for aNS renaissance.

Take listen, it is instant 70s Soulful dance with a flipside that will delight the Sweet Soul sucker. Potential is frankly obvious...

Sorry, this item has already been won!

The winning bid was £ 148.00

post-9555-0-46260500-1345989487_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-29180800-1345989488_thumb.jp

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic