Dave Godin B&s Up North Soul Groove Part 1 Scan

Further to the B&S that sold in JM's auction for £104 which had part 2 of the Dave Godin columns which perhaps were the inspiration for the term 'Northern Soul'. Luckily I have the mags with Parts 1&2 plus the issues where he expressed his 'excitement' at going to visit the Wheel and his subsequent review of that visit with pics. I'll post these later. I will also post columns where he mentions a number of collectors who wrote into him identifying their favourite soul record, including me! Perhaps other Soul Sourcers are named.

Here are the scans for Part 1 of 'The Up North Soul Groove'. I hope you can magnify them so that they can be read.

post-430-0-17224200-1345741040_thumb.jpg post-430-0-83671400-1345740937_thumb.jpg

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Further to the B&S that sold in JM's auction for £104 which had part 2 of the Dave Godin columns which perhaps were the inspiration for the term 'Northern Soul'. Luckily I have the mags with Parts 1&2 plus the issues where he expressed his 'excitement' at going to visit the Wheel and his subsequent review of that visit with pics. I'll post these later. I will also post columns where he mentions a number of collectors who wrote into him identifying their favourite soul record, including me! Perhaps other Soul Sourcers are named.

Here are the scans for Part 1 of 'The Up North Soul Groove'. I hope you can magnify them so that they can be read.

post-430-0-17224200-1345741040_thumb.jpg post-430-0-83671400-1345740937_thumb.jpg

Interesting the mention of the 'Tex-Mex' style brass being a common denominator - never thought about that before!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert