What Do Think To This Then Is Some Going To Be Lucky

Ted Massey

it dont look right smart a :lol:

Well if it looked kosher, wasn't such a poor picture, was being sold by someone with more than 41 feedback, wasn't located in France and had a sound file, perhaps I wouldn't have thought it was expensive. :thumbsup:

Edited by ged parker
Social source share

I see it is in France, if that is right he got it from Luckey Davis himself, more than one...or should I say some were sold to someone in France. Luckey was selling one last week in a presentation case. Think I asked on here a while back if anyone was interested in one.

Social source share

Label layout, font and print quality are different to the original.

These copies also have the same track on both sides...whilst originals have a different song on the flip.

Modern day recent re-press from original plates?

:shades:

Edited by Flynny
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

looks like metal from a dub plate showing through at 5 o'clock on the picture.

Looks like an Emidisc to me as well, the nice shiny gloss in the same area pointed out above, does look like a chip in the laquer.

copied labels pasted on, nice. :D

Social source share

A lot of money for a recent pressing.

Look at the typeface on the label.

There's no chance in hell that this is an old record.

post-1392-0-11024500-1345798041_thumb.jp

And it reads "Promo" on the label. I don't think I ever seen that before on a record. Nobody called it a 'Promo' back then, did they?

I'm with you. Am pretty positive this is a recent press. (hopefully fully licenced)

Social source share

I've already said they come from Luckey Davis himself. So no issues really with licensing etc. They only issue is what is being asked for them.

He offered some to me a while back, said he had 6 left after selling 10 to someone in France. I never saw what one looked like back then as I didn't follow up on the offer. He want a fair bit for each copy.

Who is the seller from Darlington in the ebay listing?

The ebay listing btw says "SPECIAL PROMO COPIES ISSUED BY MR LUCKY AKA LUCKEY JAMAL DAVIS".

Social source share

I've already said they come from Luckey Davis himself. So no issues really with licensing etc. They only issue is what is being asked for them.

He offered some to me a while back, said he had 6 left after selling 10 to someone in France. I never saw what one looked like back then as I didn't follow up on the offer. He want a fair bit for each copy.

Who is the seller from Darlington in the ebay listing?

The ebay listing btw says "SPECIAL PROMO COPIES ISSUED BY MR LUCKY AKA LUCKEY JAMAL DAVIS".

Realdealsoulfeel = Nev Griffiths who's on here

Social source share

Realdealsoulfeel = Nev Griffiths who's on here

Hi Mick :thumbsup:

The record came direct from Luckey himself ,who is selling them as a special collector promo edition at the rate of $995 each and said he had seen the one on ebay at $2400 so was thinking of putting up the price from now on .

In his own words ... he stated that he had finally found the box containg these 45's ?

So A) THEY ARE LEGIT COPIES IN LIMITED SUPPLY

B) THE ARTIST IS MAKING A GOOD PROFIT

C) IF THEY ARE RECENT ISSUES AND ARE OVER -PRICED ,WHO IS OVER CHARGING ..SELLER OR ARTIST?

My price is less than Luckey's as he charges for the paypal fee and a big postal cost for insured mail and a nice presentation case :yes:

P.s i only have the one ,so grab one while they are available :wink:

Social source share

So they are legit reissues worth about £10?

No matter how anyone dresses this up that's probably all it should be John. And when Luckey tries do another 45 no one will trust him. He would have been far better selling all he'd got (which wasn't just a few either) for a reasonable price and keeping the trust of buyers. He has sent the letter of authenticity all over the world.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I doubt he has an original 45 much less original plates (he also didn't run the label or produce the record). Probably why it doesn't have a flip. His youtube channel used to be all rips of other people's youtube videos of his songs. I wouldn't be surprised if the record was pressed (or cut, if it's an acetate) from audio taken from youtube.

unrelated, the starbirth dude is selling represses of the motivation iv 45, don't know if the stargasm is also a repress.

Social source share

I doubt he has an original 45 much less original plates (he also didn't run the label or produce the record). Probably why it doesn't have a flip. His youtube channel used to be all rips of other people's youtube videos of his songs. I wouldn't be surprised if the record was pressed (or cut, if it's an acetate) from audio taken from youtube.

unrelated, the starbirth dude is selling represses of the motivation iv 45, don't know if the stargasm is also a repress.

He did produce the record (Stardom), and the Highland one.

Social source share

i wonder how many have had their fingers burnt :wicked:

Well the letter of "Authenticity" that goes with the boxed 45 had gone to at least sellers in France, Canada, Japan, Spain....UK. Then there are all the copies that went before he started presenting them in a presentation box with a letter of authenticity.

Social source share

Well the letter of "Authenticity" that goes with the boxed 45 had gone to at least sellers in France, Canada, Japan, Spain....UK. Then there are all the copies that went before he started presenting them in a presentation box with a letter of authenticity.

I think he said (on fb) sth along the lines of "the letter of authenticity will be send to all happy (!) LOL) buyers in the next coming days" so I assume the former buyers as well as buyers in the future will get a copy of this "certificate". At a guess the reason for this just recently created idea of a "letter of authencity" has to be found in the first complains he by now will surely have recieved. Before that announcement the number of "happy new owners of this rare promo release" had reached 20..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!