Bobby Burn On Chant

NEV

A nice looking copy just ended at under £500 on eBay !

Having now seen about a dozen copies of this in the last yr or so ,is it actually the rarer of the two versions ?

I've only seen about 3 copes on Gamble issue in as many yrs and two were re- sale by uk collectors .

The chant copies are mostly clean ,so maybe a local stash have been found ??

Great double sider eh :)

Social source share

I've tracked three recent sales to the same seller, but I don't know what exactly is going on there.

I bought a Gamble copy about 12-13 years ago, never so much as sniffed a Chant copy until two popped up in a collection I bought in 2009. Haven't seen any here in Atlanta since. I let my Gamble and one of my Chants go late '09/early '10.

Social source share

he;(rocksteady) has posted at least half a dozen copies, both issues and demos of this in the last six months or so, by todays standards the gamble copy seems to be rarer, having said that, gamble copies are all that i saw previous to that

Edited by bri pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

he;(rocksteady) has posted at least half a dozen copies, both issues and demos of this in the last six months or so, by todays standards the gamble copy seems to be rarer, having said that, gamble copies are all that i saw previous to that

Good point :)

Gamble were always regarded as the more common of the two ,but that's now changed .

Lew Stanley has had a few chants on his auctions over the last few yrs also .

I think JM got a good wedge for a chant copy about a yr or so back £1500 ?? And I think has had another since .

But eBay seller has tried to be shrewd and drip feed em ...maybe he has a box full ?

Social source share

But eBay seller has tried to be shrewd and drip feed em ...maybe he has a box full ?

I dont' call roughly one a month all that shrewd (April, June, July and August). Ha ha! But the fact that nobody knows how many he has is tricky. Will they dry up again, or is he going to kill the market for this one? I guess it's a moot point though, since I'm not trying to sell mine.

Social source share

I dont' call roughly one a month all that shrewd (April, June, July and August). Ha ha! But the fact that nobody knows how many he has is tricky. Will they dry up again, or is he going to kill the market for this one? I guess it's a moot point though, since I'm not trying to sell mine.

Hi Brian :)

Shrewd as in ,shrewder than the guy who had the Four tracks on Mandingo copies :(

Social source share

He's not starting them low though so he's not allowing a crash.

Overall still rarer than gamble in the bigger scheme of things I think.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!