Harold Melvin-Prayin

Petedillon

Guest Nick Harrison

A MASSIVE record long before the young Adam and Oddfellows, folks! :)

Correct Sean - Prayin was a well played track from both the 45 and the LP, throughout 1980 and 1981. Re released later by source through Island Music in the UK during 1986 and even a re edited 1988 remix appeared.

Championed to great heights during the mid eighties, making many very unaware of it previous earlier release history.

Also another 2 America 45 Promo copies were also circulated from The Blue Album (1980), which was a shorter version of the Sharon Paige "Tonight's The Night" and Harold's "I Should Be Your Lover",

Thanks.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Correct Sean - Prayin was a well played track from both the 45 and the LP, throughout 1980 and 1981. Re released later by source through Island Music in the UK during 1986 and even a re edited 1988 remix appeared.

Championed to great heights during the mid eighties, making many very unaware of it previous earlier release history.

Thanks.

Actually it was EMI that re-released it in '86 and it was me that did the remix and supplied the acappella for the first time. We'd re-released Chuck Brown's "Busting Loose" when the Go-Go stuff started taking off and I couldn't resist putting out "Prayin" again 'cos EMI still had the rights to Source back then........

Always been a cracking record for me!

Ian D :D

Social source share

Also another 2 America 45 Promo copies were also circulated from The Blue Album (1980), which was a shorter version of the Sharon Paige "Tonight's The Night" and Harold's "I Should Be Your Lover",

Thanks.

also a white promo of if youre lookin for somebody to love which was the 4th single..sold poorly tho

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Not bad for a House record :shhh:

And this alternative ex house music version is still being occasionally played by a 71 year old soul dee jay :shhh::rofl: .

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

It was played at the Warehouse therefore it is a House record :shades:

thats fair enough.... shoulda played more stuff like it there instead of the direction it ended goin in................anyway im off to listen to this again..in the box for the horse and groom sunday chillout where there will be no house music :shades:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

thats fair enough.... shoulda played more stuff like it there instead of the direction it ended goin in.......

erm they did they just ran out and made their own. A bit like they did at Wigan only much better. :facepalm:

Social source share

your opinion really is gospel... :sleep3: ..dont mean shit to me.

You can't deny History i'm afraid the North of England doesn't have the Monopoly on 4x4 dance music.

Social source share

cant recall myself or anybody else saying that..you see it your way and i see it mine

"dont mean shit to me."

Then what's that supposed to mean then.

Social source share

Can we drop the petty arguments and comments. Talk about the record. Any other crap take it to PM's.

It is getting tiresome and boring opening topics just to read petty rubbish between some members.

I don't want to have to keep reading stuff like this and I am sure others don't.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!