Esquires "girl In The City" Demo Worth Owt?

Jim G

Just playing some random tunes and wondered if this one Esquires "Girl In The City" Demo was worth owt?

It is the same song on both sides and is a "Bunky Pick" Demo. I know the issue is about £20

post-2354-0-94978300-1344082967_thumb.jp

Edited by jim g
Social source share

Ah! The indestructable 45!

Many years ago, we were hunting in a shop in Baltimore, when this guy came in and told the owner that he'd just heard that a Record Store had burned down the night before, about 30 miles up the highway, and that they were going to pull the store down, lock stock and barrell.

Obviously, we kidnapped the guy and got him to lead the way :D

When we got there, somewhere in the wilderness across miles and miles of dirt track, we found the place, a smoking, charred, ruin with racks of warped and molten vinyl.

The only surviving 45 retrieved was a half decent copy of 'Girls In The City' completely flat and unscathed!

How it survived, i'll never know, but, to me, its a Priceless souvenir!

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Ah! The indestructable 45!

Many years ago, we were hunting in a shop in Baltimore, when this guy came in and told the owner that he'd just heard that a Record Store had burned down the night before, about 30 miles up the highway, and that they were going to pull the store down, lock stock and barrell.

Obviously, we kidnapped the guy and got him to lead the way :D

When we got there, somewhere in the wilderness across miles and miles of dirt track, we found the place, a smoking, charred, ruin with racks of warped and molten vinyl.

The only surviving 45 retrieved was a half decent copy of 'Girls In The City' completely flat and unscathed!

How it survived, i'll never know, but, to me, its a Priceless souvenir!

:thumbsup:

Sean

You should try compiling some albums Sean 'cos that story would make for some great sleeve notes! :lol:

Ian D :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!