Dirty Secrets: Which "oldie" Will You Never Ever Get Sick Of?

Ain't avin a pop, we like new 60s, never want to hear flogged to death oldies, horses for course for ALL concerned,

I still don't get why you quoted my post where I stated that I liked the Al Wilson track which Stevie and posed the question as to whether as an artist he was underrated.

Social source share

Underplayed tunes is what we need to keep the scene going forward, who wants to hear the same record week after week?, thats why we've got pure soul at nuneaton going :wicked:

Ain't avin a pop, we like new 60s, never want to hear flogged to death oldies, horses for course for ALL concerned,

As the topic starter I would point out that I agree with your sentiments exactly :yes: However, that's not the point of this discussion. I don't want to listen/dance to a set that sounds like a Goldmine CD, but even though I prefer my soul upfront and progressive and spend obscene amounts of time researching, listening, buying and trying to find new 60s stuff (I still believe its out there!), there are still those "oldies" that have the power to move me (and you maybe?), in a very deep way. Preferring upfront/rare soul/across the board, does not mean you have to forget that does it?

J

Social source share

Underplayed tunes is what we need to keep the scene going forward, who wants to hear the same record week after week?, thats why we've got pure soul at nuneaton going :wicked:

Who get you Tosspot.. Did you not read the title... Not having a pop?? then pop off.....

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

Guest giant

A great selection, i've been after a copy of the trent sisters since the last millenium, but alas with no luck :unsure:

its a very tough one to track down' my good mate PHIL T FROM PRESTON has one.

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

I still don't get why you quoted my post where I stated that I liked the Al Wilson track which Stevie and posed the question as to whether as an artist he was underrated.

think he was giving you a compliement= you said al wilson was underated and he was saying more or less yes he agrees and other al wilson stuff was underplayed

if that makes sense... correct me if i am wrong mr tosspot

Social source share

think he was giving you a compliement= you said al wilson was underated and he was saying more or less yes he agrees and other al wilson stuff was underplayed

if that makes sense... correct me if i am wrong mr tosspot

i was giving him a compliement mickey boy, you got it right :wink: , think i'll leave this type of forum to the boffins & serious toffs to it, i know where i'm not wanted or too working class :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

i was giving him a compliement mickey boy, you got it right :wink: , think i'll leave this type of forum to the boffins & serious toffs to it, i know where i'm not wanted or too working class :yes:

at least me and you are on the same wavelength :thumbsup: does that make me a fully fledged tosser now? :g:
Social source share

great tunes 'love hearing these

DENNIS EDWARDS--JOHNNY ON THE SPOT

WALTER AND THE ADMIRATIONS ---MAN OH MAN

BERNIE WILLIAMS--EVER AGAIN

JAMES LATELY --LOVE FRIENDS AND MONEY

LESTER TIPTON--THIS WON'T CHANGE

BOBBY TREETOP--WAIT TIL I GET TO KNOW YOU

TRENT SISTERS-- A LETTER A DAY

JIMMY DELPHS--DANCING A HOLE

loads more i could fill a page.

Be a good DJ rosta that could deliver all of those in one event. Ohh hang on I think the Southport Weekender will have all them covered. :lol::thumbup:

OT - Never tire of Tony Middleton - To The Ends of The Earth - a world away from the traditional 'oldie' but thats what blew me away when I first heard it.

Social source share

Hey Dunc. Good to see you on here bud.

Mine would be Beverley Anne - You've Got Your Mind - cos its great out loud.

April Stevens - Wanting You. Not heard out in about 30 years I reckon. Pleasantly surprised to see it on Manship's auction.

April Stevens ?? Playing at Derby Assembly Rooms Nighter on Sept 15th. I will play it for you there if you wish. Still gets played occasionally around the North Midlands.

My 'never get tired of ...' has to be ' Moses Smith - Girl Across The Street '

Social source share

They're all oldies...just depends if you have heard them or not! New "60's" is a contradiction :-)

The floor is the "teller"...depends on the crowd, the night. What works one night, flops the next.

Still...for me; Tamala Lewis would do it...however; DJ'd at a mates wedding the other week and 2 stalwarts of the scene since 73; request was Dobie Gray - Out On The Floor

Social source share

tomangoes ...and ....hide nor hair.....by........earl grant ......these lines are doin my head in , dont know why they appear sometimes when i type :D ezzie

On the left hand side of the toolbar you see when you're replying is an 'S' with a line through as in S which means 'Strike through', you use this if you want to strike through some text BUT leave it on show, as in 'This thread is Shite great', you must have clicked on this accidentlly.

HTH

Edited by Zed1
Social source share

2 that I've loved since the 60's - neither of which are "soulful" but great northern

Mitch Ryder - Breakout

Four Seasons - Opus 17

- and one I never heard till 70's and I'll never tire of it - Al Kent - Way you been acting

Four Seasons Opus 17 (or is it Optus, nevermind) wow that take's me back, not heard this played out since the sixties, great......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!