Dirty Secrets: Which "oldie" Will You Never Ever Get Sick Of?

Why 'dirty secret'? I've nothing to hide in my taste of music. I don't need to be clandestine about what I like.

And labels like 'over-played' and 'over-rated'are merely subjective statements. One person's 'overplayed' oldie is the Top 10 fave of another. Each to their own.

Couldn't answer your question specifically anyway; there are countless oldies that I still never tire of hearing. :thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Hey Dunc. Good to see you on here bud.

Mine would be Beverley Anne - You've Got Your Mind - cos its great out loud.

April Stevens - Wanting You. Not heard out in about 30 years I reckon. Pleasantly surprised to see it on Manship's auction.

Social source share

Hey Dunc. Good to see you on here bud.

Mine would be Beverley Anne - You've Got Your Mind - cos its great out loud.

April Stevens - Wanting You. Not heard out in about 30 years I reckon. Pleasantly surprised to see it on Manship's auction.

I'll play April Stevens for you if you attend the Torch reunion in October :thumbup:

Social source share

oh do I have to have just one ?

Charades - Key to my happiness

I love the way the intro builds my god it makes my heart race .... by the time they start singing I am on the floor and as hard as I try I can't stop myself singing to it with a big grin on my face , two thirds through and its that SPIN ...which I can't do :( oh how I love this sound

Johnny Sayles - I can't get enough

Christian Grey mooooooove over this is a MAyyyyyyyyn ! I'm his :)

Dave I want to thank you cause I just had to play them and its got me in the mood for the weekend :)

Edited by Carms
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

In no order but these three could be played on a loop & I'd still love em............

Tony Clarke-Wrong Man

The Chandlers-Your Love Makes Me Lonely

Earnest Mosley-Stubborn Heart

After all these years they still sound the dogs dangley bits to me :yes:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

If we're just talkin dancers .................

Artistics -- I'm Gonna Miss You

Major Lance -- Um, Um, Um, Um,

Fascinations -- Girls Are Out To Get You

Impressions -- You've Been Cheatin

Billy Stewart -- Love Me

(are we allowed to pick tracks made outside of Chicago ?)

Social source share

Guest mickeyfish58

im comun home in the morning-lou pride

jason

totally agree monster tune- always loved it and always will, remember my first night at wigan and it sounded even better then :thumbsup:
Social source share

If we're just talkin dancers .................

Artistics -- I'm Gonna Miss You

Major Lance -- Um, Um, Um, Um,

Fascinations -- Girls Are Out To Get You

Impressions -- You've Been Cheatin

Billy Stewart -- Love Me

(are we allowed to pick tracks made outside of Chicago ?)

your allowed to do anything you want :thumbsup:

Social source share

TAMANGOES.....................................SSSSSSHHHHH!!!,.....is that the sound of 2000 feet running to the dancefloor? that bass intro, that tight on the fours beat, that pleading demeanour in the vocal, those crashing horns....its supreme rarity value,....its "2 & half minutes" of,...man, you're like, on another planet....the realisation that richard chose to cover up cecil washington as joe matthews instead of.............wow!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest giant

great tunes 'love hearing these

DENNIS EDWARDS--JOHNNY ON THE SPOT

WALTER AND THE ADMIRATIONS ---MAN OH MAN

BERNIE WILLIAMS--EVER AGAIN

JAMES LATELY --LOVE FRIENDS AND MONEY

LESTER TIPTON--THIS WON'T CHANGE

BOBBY TREETOP--WAIT TIL I GET TO KNOW YOU

TRENT SISTERS-- A LETTER A DAY

JIMMY DELPHS--DANCING A HOLE

loads more i could fill a page.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There are many records that my mind tells me I appreciate more, for rarity, obscurity, dancefloor memories, personal memories, hairs-on-the-back-of -the-neck soul shiver, but in the spirit of the original post (I hope) the one that I never seem to tire of, no matter when or where, is Laura Lee - To Win Your Heart. I've never thought of it as my favourite and wouldn't claim it is now, as other favourites have come and gone and some I thought I'd never tire of then have, I don't seem to loose any affection for this record.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

great tunes 'love hearing these

DENNIS EDWARDS--JOHNNY ON THE SPOT

WALTER AND THE ADMIRATIONS ---MAN OH MAN

BERNIE WILLIAMS--EVER AGAIN

JAMES LATELY --LOVE FRIENDS AND MONEY

LESTER TIPTON--THIS WON'T CHANGE

BOBBY TREETOP--WAIT TIL I GET TO KNOW YOU

TRENT SISTERS-- A LETTER A DAY

JIMMY DELPHS--DANCING A HOLE

loads more i could fill a page.

A great selection, i've been after a copy of the trent sisters since the last millenium, but alas with no luck :unsure:

Social source share

This is a forum for soul/northern soul, please leave references to pop music for a pop forum. If you have no interest in the topic then read something else, there is no need for some of the childish responses some topics are getting.

Off topic posts removed.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This is a forum for soul/northern soul, please leave references to pop music for a pop forum. If you have no interest in the topic then read something else, there is no need for some of the childish responses some topics are getting.

Off topic posts removed.

Is soul music just about the union of 2 words,

or is it about music which touches your soul and can have a deep meaningfull significance to your life.

Could it be about a little boy who lost his grandmother just weeks after buying him a record

and how that record touches that little boys soul to this day.

I ask this one question

What then is Soul music, Mr Chalky?

Social source share

Is soul music just about the union of 2 words,

or is it about music which touches your soul and can have a deep meaningfull significance to your life.

Could it be about a little boy who lost his grandmother just weeks after buying him a record

and how that record touches that little boys soul to this day.

I ask this one question

What then is Soul music, Mr Chalky?

if you or others want to talk about records such as blockbuster, jeepster or tiger feet then either post in the offtopic bit or take it elsewhere

you have been asked to drop the offtopic

final warning

Social source share

Nice one Stevie. Mr Wilson has a great voice and has done some great recordings through the years. I reckon he's a tad underrated?

Peter

Underplayed tunes is what we need to keep the scene going forward, who wants to hear the same record week after week?, thats why we've got pure soul at nuneaton going :wicked:

Social source share

Underplayed tunes is what we need to keep the scene going forward, who wants to hear the same record week after week?, thats why we've got pure soul at nuneaton going :wicked:

I can't quite work out what it is you're trying to say - or indeed whether you are having a faint pop. Please could you elucidate?

Social source share

Yeah but I'm pretty sure that that's not what this topic is about Tosspot. These posters are saying that there are tracks that they don't tire of hearing which I'm sure doesn't translate to wanting to hear the top 500 every time they go out.

For what it's worth mine would be Wally Cox 'This man'. There you go I've said it. I await my punishment like a man.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I can't quite work out what it is you're trying to say - or indeed whether you are having a faint pop. Please could you elucidate?

Ain't avin a pop, we like new 60s, never want to hear flogged to death oldies, horses for course for ALL concerned,

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!