Favourite Oldie

Reg

Ouch..it's hard but can you really admit what your real favourite oldie is? Instead of stroking your chin and trying to think of a forgotten one why not take this opportunity to come clean and let us know your favourite proper oldie... I'll start the ball rolling with my personal favourite..dunno why but I love it but here it is: The Vonettes-Touch my Heart

Edited by Reg
Social source share

• Replies 134
  • Views 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Ouch..it's hard but can you really admit what your real favourite oldie is? Instead of stroking your chin and trying to think of a forgotten one why not take this opportunity to come clean and let us know your favourite proper oldie... I'll start the ball rolling with my personal favourite..dunno why but I love it but here it is: The Vonettes-Touch my Heart

I was going to say that I'd never heard this, but it seems to be one of those records you know. The only problem is that you never know who it is or what it's called! :lol:

Social source share

Luther Ingram - If It's All The Same To You - Hib...another proper northern record...lol

P.s why are you not out dancing...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Why do you think I'm on ere starting inane topics...lol.... in with the babes...Richard is in London watching bloody Millwall

Social source share

Guest lolmil

What got me started into this great music (sorry but there are three)

JJ Barnes - Real Humdinger

Barbara Mill - Queen Of Fools

Bob Relf - Blowing My Mind To Pieces

Way back in Queens Park Youth Club 1972 /73 by by none other than Sam Soul & Brian Ellis or as Sam is better known on the wider circuit Soul Sam.

Social source share

Why do you think I'm on ere starting inane topics...lol.... in with the babes...Richard is in London watching bloody Millwall

Millwall !!!!! i'm working tomorow so off to bed soon, looking forward to Bury in a couple of weeks though so might see you there?

Mark Bicknell.

Hang on a second ......lol seems more people are at home than out playing...Shane what you doing at home on a Saturday night????

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Millwall !!!!! i'm working tomorow so off to bed soon, looking forward to Bury in a couple of weeks though so might see you there?

Mark Bicknell.

Hang on a second ......lol seems more people are at home than out playing...Shane what you doing at home on a Saturday night????

Mark Bicknell.

THINk we're all still recovering from Christmas and New Year...I know I am :lol: Even Rachel's staying in tonight :no:

Social source share

de-lites lover

and still got it :yes:

I was just thinking what an impossible task and then I saw this post and it is an incredible Northern 45 but if I had it, then it would have to be something else. Am I alone in thinking that the 45s I do have are nowhere near as good as those I don't. Is there a way out of that mind-set.

ROD

Social source share

The Artistics-I'm gonna miss you.........Memories :yes: ATB Steve

Social source share

Guest soul stormers

I was just thinking what an impossible task and then I saw this post and it is an incredible Northern 45 but if I had it, then it would have to be something else. Am I alone in thinking that the 45s I do have are nowhere near as good as those I don't. Is there a way out of that mind-set.

ROD

sorry

try this one mighty marvellows talkin' bout ya. baby

great dancer :yes:

https://www.soulclub.org/stream/The_Mighty_...out_Ya_Baby.ram

Social source share

======

its a great tune col

remember hearing this on the grapevine lp years ago

who was that guy on the cover?

Not sure if it was Grapevine lp? wasn't it that one who told you who played the tracks and where? Rob Smith, Nev Wherry, Sam etc. Picture/cartoon of someone sat in front of old record player on front cover?

Social source share

Guest rachel

Gotta be 'Heartaches Away My Boy' Christine Cooper. All time CLASSIC!!!

Struggling to answer this one, but Christine Cooper has got to be up there for me - one of first tunes I heard when getting into all this and still love it... heard it out recently for the first time in a few years and was straight on the dancefloor....... :yes::D

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

so many to choose from....

valentinos - sweeter than the day before

shawn robinson - my dear heart

dena barnes - if you ever walked out of my life

those for starters :yes:

Shane

Social source share

Not sure if it was Grapevine lp? wasn't it that one who told you who played the tracks and where? Rob Smith, Nev Wherry, Sam etc. Picture/cartoon of someone sat in front of old record player on front cover?

[/quote

It was the Destiny Record Collector VOl 1 CD, which apart from a couple of custom made Destiny things was a great album, a real mixture, which includes 2 of my all time top 10 oldies

Tamala Lewis - You Won't Say Nothing & Arin Demain Silent Treatment, both 7"'s of aural sex!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Am I alone in thinking that the 45s I do have are nowhere near as good as those I don't. Is there a way out of that mind-set.

ROD

I'm always thinking a similar thought. A way out of it, I've recently made myself a couple of tapes for the car using my records. Then whilst driving about turn up the volume (no neighbours to worry about :D ), this in turn makes you appreciate your collection abit more. :yes:

Social source share

Salvadors

Mel Britt

Magnetics (any)

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert