Soulsource Record Of The Day, (Summer Holidays)Closed Don't Use Post Closed

• Replies 647
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

An interesting gospel tune from me today on the Designer label out of Memphis. Most likely a 'vanity' record and not the best production but i LOVE it.

Genessee Gospel Travellers featuring George Smith - Don't blame it on the children - Designer

gary

Gary

Like this,a bit different,not sure it'd work for the dancefloor but a good un for home??

Is this "George Smith" of "I've Had It" fame do you know?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Gary

Like this,a bit different,not sure it'd work for the dancefloor but a good un for home??

Is this "George Smith" of "I've Had It" fame do you know?

Cheers

Martyn

Martyn

Agree it's just a good tune to listen to. Pretty sure it's not the same George.

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Nice one Andy.

The quite very under rated Mr Perry. He's done lots of stuff which just oozes soul. Come on Down is probably too well known to pUost up but i'm gonna do it anyway cos i love it.

Peter

:thumbsup:

come on down went down brilliantly at Just Soul Retford and Dave Longbottoms drystone radio show champions it nice tunes and underrated artist IMO nice Peter!!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Staying with the £5 theme.A tune I've loved since I bought it many years ago & still gets plenty of stick here in our house.Not an easy one to fit into a spot but on the odd occasion I have it always gets some comments even if it's surprise at hearing it played out?

Isaac Hayes - Rollin Down A Mountainside Enterprise

Social source share

Staying with the £5 theme.A tune I've loved since I bought it many years ago & still gets plenty of stick here in our house.Not an easy one to fit into a spot but on the odd occasion I have it always gets some comments even if it's surprise at hearing it played out?

I have this Martyn, never heard it played out but I do play at home quite a bit wife likes it as well always a bonus that!
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Speaking of £5 tunes, I bought a few (really) cheap ones at the weekend! :unsure:

This one is well known, but what a belter!

Five Stairsteps - Change of Pace - Windy C - 608

cheap, 60's, uptempo, Mayfield produced, little bit pop, £5-£10, bargain!

Edited by Jhsoulnotts
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

What is it Mick? Cant see videos at work, and access via phone doesn't always show the vids either - a title and artist post before you do the post with the youtube link in always helps!

:thumbup::hatsoff2:

Social source share

Still commands an £80 price tag well that's what I Paid for mine last year and haven't seen one much cheaper anywhere for an ex copy Belting tune that never fails to please!!

Andy

Would have thought that was about right,when it was at it's height it was nigh on double that?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Well stopping in last weekend certainly had a silver lining as I found this beauty on a list I'd have probably missed feeling rough :yes: So another long time want joins the collection & what's more when it landed today It's got a cracking B side.........makes it half the price :lol:

Tony Middleton - Return To Spanish Harlem/Already Satisfied Speed

Bugger :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

great version , different to the main ingredient version, he puts his own mark on it, :thumbsup:
Social source share

great version , different to the main ingredient version, he puts his own mark on it, :thumbsup:

Gogger

Only knew Isaac's version until I read the comments on You Tube when looking for it to post on here,the original version was done by Third Creation on Motown.None are as good as Isaac's imo but that's usually the case with the first version you hear I always think?

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Gogger

Only knew Isaac's version until I read the comments on You Tube when looking for it to post on here,the original version was done by Third Creation on Motown.None are as good as Isaac's imo but that's usually the case with the first version you hear I always think?

Cheers

Martyn

thanks martyn for posting the issac hayes version, just had a listen to the third creation version, the weakest of the three for me , had only heard the main ingredient one before , had the album when i was a lad only got the single now , like issacs version best now, another one to look for, :)
Social source share

thanks martyn for posting the issac hayes version, just had a listen to the third creation version, the weakest of the three for me , had only heard the main ingredient one before , had the album when i was a lad only got the single now , like issacs version best now, another one to look for, :)

I agree the Third Creation is weak,M Ing is very different from Isaac's...........well I suppose it would be with his voice :D

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert