Soulsource Record Of The Day, (Summer Holidays)Closed Don't Use Post Closed

DJ line up at Verve, Bury is pretty good, club looks great too.... AND I have 2 tickets (courtesy of Mr Bicknell)..... it's my wedding anniversary today..... wife is at work tomorrow.... soooooooo I may well be off by myself (probably 10-11pm) if you fancy having the wifes ticket :thumbsup:

Paul

Bloody hell just made arrangements for tomorrow & need to compos mentis,so unfortunately I'll have to decline but thank you for the offer.Have a good un & let me know what it's like :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

• Replies 647
  • Views 23.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

used to get played back in the day,and probably the best known of all the Magnificent Men tunes - although 'I got news' is far and away the best one!

:thumbsup:

Paul

Thank god for that,thought it had slipped through the net & not had plays,it's too good to be missed imo.

I've got there great Capitol LP with "I Got The News" & "Keep Climbing" on.

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Paul

Bloody hell just made arrangements for tomorrow & need to compos mentis,so unfortunately I'll have to decline but thank you for the offer.Have a good un & let me know what it's like :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Will do, I was supposed to be going to Soul Funk-tion too, or Shutes do in Wolves, but the anniversary got in the way of that.... then I only found out about the tickets from Mark a couple of hours ago.... I feel a very 'grown up' conversation with the wife coming on....

Social source share

Will do, I was supposed to be going to Soul Funk-tion too, or Shutes do in Wolves, but the anniversary got in the way of that.... then I only found out about the tickets from Mark a couple of hours ago.... I feel a very 'grown up' conversation with the wife coming on....

Paul

And we all know there's no such thing :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

An old stafford play that came out on Moonglow, before the involvement with Phil Spector

The Righteous Brothers - Bring your love to me

Was given the pye demo by my father in law! :-)

Edited by MrC
Social source share

Great piece of 70t's soul from me today.Maybe the modern boys will know better then me about plays for this one as I can't say I've heard it out much?

Ace Spectrum - Keep Holding On Atlantic

Unfortunately Martyn, I've not heard it played out before but probably needs to be , as does my next post!!
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL SOMETIMES NO MATTER HOW MANY RECORDS YOU OWN, YOU FINALLY GET ONE THAT FOR WHATEVER THE REASON, YOU NEVER GOT YO OWN?

This is the case with this classic example of RARE NORTHERN SOUL45, Yes I can now play this Gem at any time of the day, OUT OF MY BOX,

Jo-ANN COURCY - I GOT THE POWER - TWIRL 2026 - DEMO (no issue?) Rated **********10 stars Value £??? (cost me £250) This is one off the top sounds to own, no matter how many years it takes :thumbup: DAVE

:hatsoff2: https://youtu.be/dCA0vaevKNk

• Helpful 2
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL SOMETIMES NO MATTER HOW MANY RECORDS YOU OWN, YOU FINALLY GET ONE THAT FOR WHATEVER THE REASON, YOU NEVER GOT YO OWN?

This is the case with this classic example of RARE NORTHERN SOUL45, Yes I can now play this Gem at any time of the day, OUT OF MY BOX,

Jo-ANN COURCY - I GOT THE POWER - TWIRL 2026 - DEMO (no issue?) Rated **********10 stars Value £??? (cost me £250) This is one off the top sounds to own, no matter how many years it takes :thumbup: DAVE

:hatsoff2: https://youtu.be/dCA0vaevKNk

Dave

Great dancer & good price :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Girlie double sided dancer of the highest quality from me today.The A side is very well known to most & quiet right to but the B side is so underplayed it's criminal for a great dancer.

LaVern Baker - Wrapped, Tied And Tangled/Nothing Like Being In Love Brunswick

Social source share

Girlie double sided dancer of the highest quality from me today.The A side is very well known to most & quiet right to but the B side is so underplayed it's criminal for a great dancer.

LaVern Baker - Wrapped, Tied And Tangled/Nothing Like Being In Love Brunswick

criminal indeed
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I watched the 2 part mini series "Temptations" on True Entertainment channel at the weekend, bloody brilliant! I'd never seen it before, don't know why, but it did remind me of a lot of stuff that's tended to be put to the back of the box over the last few years.

Time to dig this one back out at least, rare? No. Unknown? No. Bloody great tune? Yes.

The Temptations - (I Know) I'm losing you

Social source share

Well stopping in last weekend certainly had a silver lining as I found this beauty on a list I'd have probably missed feeling rough :yes: So another long time want joins the collection & what's more when it landed today It's got a cracking B side.........makes it half the price :lol:

Tony Middleton - Return To Spanish Harlem/Already Satisfied Speed

Edited by hullsoul
Social source share

Well stopping in last weekend certainly had a silver lining as I found this beauty on a list I'd have probably missed feeling rough :yes: So another long time want joins the collection & what's more when it landed today It's got a cracking B side.........makes it half the price :lol:

Tony Middleton - Return To Spanish Harlem/Already Satisfied Speed

An altogether Grrrreat tune. it reminded me how much I love and value this one too.

Tony Middleton - Spanish Maiden - Speed/Storm

• Helpful 1
Social source share

First release of a tune that was also done by Mary Wells,for me Mary's version isn't a patch on Tutti's?I just love this,moody,sexy & full of atmosphere.

Tutti Hill - He's A Lover Arock

https://soundcloud.com/user1510646/07-tutti-hill-hes-a-lover/s-p6vL1

Not sure of price but shouldn't be much more then the £20 mark????

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

First release of a tune that was also done by Mary Wells,for me Mary's version isn't a patch on Tutti's?I just love this,moody,sexy & full of atmosphere.

Tutti Hill - He's A Lover Arock

https://soundcloud.com/user1510646/07-tutti-hill-hes-a-lover/s-p6vL1

Not sure of price but shouldn't be much more then the £20 mark????

one on eBay now for $40ish Martyn .
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Another record I never hear out, Always in my play box, but always seems to get pushed to the back for more well known floor fillers..... I really am a wimp!

Tyrone Wonder Boy - Please Consider Me

Social source share

LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT. Another record I never hear out, Always in my play box, but always seems to get pushed to the back for more well known floor fillers..... I really am a wimp!

Tyrone Wonder Boy - Please Consider Me

Paul

Come on stop been that wimp,get it to the front of the playbox as it's too good not to be played.

Right put me out my misery what's it the same backing as(the worsted thing about this is I think I've got it??) ..........

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

An interesting gospel tune from me today on the Designer label out of Memphis. Most likely a 'vanity' record and not the best production but i LOVE it.

Genessee Gospel Travellers featuring George Smith - Don't blame it on the children - Designer

gary

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Greg Perry - One For The Road-Casablanca a great £5 spent on this.!!!

Nice one Andy.

The quite very under rated Mr Perry. He's done lots of stuff which just oozes soul. Come on Down is probably too well known to post up but i'm gonna do it anyway cos i love it.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert