Mid Tempo

• Replies 119
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

I believe Imodium should help clear up that nasty case of verbal diahorea shane :lol: Bobby Wilburn album filler you must be radio rental mate :D

being radio rental has its benefits then afterall. i hope i dont like this stuff when i am older :no:wicked.gif

Shane

Social source share

Guest biggray1

being radio rental has its benefits then afterall. i hope i dont like this stuff when i am older :(:(

Shane

:lol::no:wicked.gif:D Bang on Shane....now where's me zimmer frame :(
Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

being radio rental has its benefits then afterall. i hope i dont like this stuff when i am older :(:D

Shane

:lol::no: cheeky young pup wicked.gif Taste is a very individual thing and when you actually get some you'll understand :( :( :(

Social source share

THE ONLY WAY FORWARD..............cannot see fast pace records being at the forefront of a "belief" .......making grounds today ie going backwords.IMVHO.Stevie.How many today want to hear 100 mile an hour "Newies"? ..........oh can't resist ....begins with KEV...no surname mentioned :D

No disrespect to the Greatstone and other venues who do a similiar thing but your event clearly not aimed at the dance floor, which ain't a bad thing. You cannot get away with midtempo all-night or even a large majority at a nighter, they still want dancers and uptempo.

Best of the lot.....Tommy Ridgely - My Love Gets Stronger closely followed by Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool :yes:

Social source share

Guest barnsey
Classic Detroit!!
falcons ,what mid tempo dancers are all about maximum enjoyment minimal effort miss the days when you got stuff like this majority of the nite but people dont seem to want stuff this slow any more play more than a couple on the trot and it seems to clear the floor .still the masses vote with their feet so its just tough shit to me ha ha :yes:
Social source share

As nice as some of these records are, that have been posted as 'mid-tempo' - none have compared to the track that was initially posted by Soulsmith as an example. Its a type of soul thats been championed for years at the likes of Soul Essence, Thorne, A New Chapter...amongst a few others. Most of whats been posted is just slower northern records.

I come from a background of two step soul from the 70s & 80s so don't tell me what's too slow to dance to.

Girf

Edited by Girthdevon
Social source share

Guest barnsey

As nice as some of these records are, that have been posted as 'mid-tempo' - none have compared to the track that was initially posted by Soulsmith as an example. Its a type of soul thats been championed for years at the likes of Soul Essence, Thorne, A New Chapter...amongst a few others. Most of whats been posted is just slower northern records.

I come from a background of two step soul from the 70s & 80s so don't tell me what's too slow to dance to.

Girf

judy garland somewhere over the rainbow (thats to slow) ha ha :yes:
Social source share

After being in & out of northern, modern & crossover I currently find its mid-tempo stuff that floats my boat.

Sample tune attached.

Are there are any clubs playing this, or any individual DJs championing the cause?

Or am I stuck in this groove alone?

Col

HI there,

Nice to see Mid tempo soul getting a mention, and getting such a reaction, with regards to clubs playing it an djs etc there are a few but not enough for my liking, as this type of music is so far up my street it's parked outside my house ( thanks for that quote Mr Brown )

Don't worry Col you are not alone in your thinking, and the Bobby Burn track you have chose to put your point across is a good example, first heard via Mr Dearlove many years ago, a man not affaird of playing soul records of all types and tempo's ( i miss djs like rod, but know why he threw in the towel)

As for dancing to it i have danced with others to tracks like the Bobby Burn track at thorne, essence and the 100 club, we are all getting older and Mid tempo is the way forward.

Wish i knew how to add tracks to these bloody things i would love to put a few nice Mid tempo things to get those young people going ( not alseep before someone replies )

Stick with it Col be true to your soul.

ANDY MANN :yes:

Social source share

Girf

Hi Gareth,

Well said mate :yes:

Andy Mann

Social source share

Wish i knew how to add tracks to these bloody things i would love to put a few nice Mid tempo things to get those young people going ( not alseep before someone replies )

ANDY MANN :yes:

I know how to add them Andy but haven't get anything set up to record em. Let's set Silly on em' !!!

Girf

Social source share

I know how to add them Andy but haven't get anything set up to record em. Let's set Silly on em' !!!

Girf

What Mark " Midtempo" Houghton, that would be something.

see you at essence Gareth if not before mate, hope you had a good christmas and New Year mate

Andy

Social source share

What Mark " Midtempo" Houghton, that would be something.

see you at essence Gareth if not before mate, hope you had a good christmas and New Year mate

Andy

Mark's turned me on to so many tracks it's unbelievable - except for the fact he got em all from you - you sly dog !!!! :yes:

Girf

Social source share

No disrespect to the Greatstone and other venues who do a similiar thing but your event clearly not aimed at the dance floor, which ain't a bad thing. You cannot get away with midtempo all-night or even a large majority at a nighter, they still want dancers and uptempo.

Best of the lot.....Tommy Ridgely - My Love Gets Stronger closely followed by Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool :ohmy:

Hi Chalky,whilst tunes played at the Greatstone are not always aimed at dancers the floor is usually full of dancers,who have decided the pace is for them mid-tempo.However Mid-tempo is not played all night :lol: Just sold my Tommy Ridgley :ohmy:
Social source share

Col, tis not a case of getting your head arond it mate, I have plenty of similar tempo records and really do enjoy them. The Bobby Wilburn track is a great record and I certainly wouldn't mind owning one, it's just that IMHO, I think that it's too slow to dance to. Thought that the 3 Mtr space was cos I didn't wash :ohmy:

These kinda tunes I thought were commonly refered to as 'steppers'. Below mid tempo IMHO but not quite a ballad, dance floors filled at Essence to this kinda brilliant tune for years.

Russ

Social source share

Colin! get your wet southern arse up north where it's happening! Greatstone and Soul or nothing are where it's at you pimple

what no where else? :yes::ohmy: What about Lifeline...the best rare soul all-nighter with the best rare soul dj's IMHO, Soultown best nighter with something for everyone? Piercebridge...again great DJ's playing great records, upfront and fresh. The Orwell, streets ahead of most soul nights in the north IMHO, Lowton again something for everyone with quality guests usually three rooms! :lol: I'm sure there's more but had no sleep as I've been to a nighter where it apparently isn't happening and too tired to think :D:ohmy:

Edited by chalky
Social source share

Girf

Cheers also for comments Andy

Staying on message, here's one Darcy has asked me to stick up.

As they say, "Back Of The Net" mate,

Social source share

Best of the lot.....Tommy Ridgely - My Love Gets Stronger closely followed by Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool :ohmy:

andnone taken chalky but we do not just play midtempo all night as you say people still want some faster stuff and we like to give people what they want, we are just lucky that we have so many good nights to get to :ohmy: that do not just play obvious oldies.

mark

Social source share

oi!!!! :ohmy:

7mb individual mp3 files can not be acceptable no matter how good the track is

dont wanna put on a 2mb upload limit but gonna have to if see anything else anywhere near that size

ta

mike

Fair enough. Having some problems at the moment, not sure why. All previous files have been around 2mb apart from 1 last week which was 40mb

Will look into it.

Social source share

You've come to the dark side at last Col! Quite a bit of midtempo 60s early doors at Soul in the City. New venue announcement shortly (I hope).

Yes Paul, now on the dark side......but wish to point out that I've been a shady character for some time.

Look fwd to said new venture :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Girf

Good Point! all the soundfiles i have posted are slow Northern Soul 45s! but do you hear them played out much!! I dont !! shame really aint it!! i suppose we all have these type of records lay in our collections! and when someone posts a classic like the First post by Soulsmith ie Bobby Wilburn it inspires some of us to reflect and share this type of soul music with others that havnt heard them before :D I love soul music in all its forms !! And Dance to what i like :D slow midtempo or Northern!! I'll get me coat!!
Social source share

Here's two that always sound good to me:

Woah there TSU Tomatoes. You should be charging people to hear the Mystique clip. Possibly one of the very best ever ,ever Chicago Curtom 70's sounds.!! luckily it's never too far to reach from my turntable, shame it's not a 45. Another that always slays me is Chocolate Milk - How about love (RCA)........ :D

Jordi

Social source share

Woah there TSU Tomatoes. You should be charging people to hear the Mystique clip. Possibly one of the very best ever ,ever Chicago Curtom 70's sounds.!! luckily it's never too far to reach from my turntable, shame it's not a 45. Another that always slays me is Chocolate Milk - How about love (RCA)........ :D

Jordi

'All Of My Life' is an amazing ballad of the LP too - but we digress.......... :D

Girf

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert