Brenton Wood 'psychotic Reaction' - On 45?

• Replies 18
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest trickbag

220890746752.jpg

Start Time: 11/09/2011 End Time: 11/16/2011

Seller Feedback: 266 Buyer Feedback: 642

End Price: $30.99 USD Number of Bids: 3

ricky.

Social source share

Thanks for the info, links and scans.

I'd half expected this to have been released in various countries across Europe, but it seems to be just Italy (anyone else?).

I must admit to being curious because of a foreign release of the track I found recently. It's a rather odd release because it's on an EP with 'Gimme Little Sign' and The Supremes 'You keep me hanging on' on one side.

On the other is Aretha Franklin with the brilliantly typo'd 'The house that Jack boilt'! and the even better 'Psychotis Reaction'!

post-9478-0-65119800-1343331148_thumb.jp

I was initially drawn to it because the cover listing gives the impression that it's Aretha performing 'Psychotis Reaction', but that just turns out to be yet another graphical error on a very poorly put together sleeve (air-guitar to The Supremes anyone?).

Can you guess where this EP comes from??

Social source share

Russell,

I have quite a few 'weird' V.A. EP's that mix up genres and get some of the track / artist info wrong ....

So I'd guess your EP comes from somewhere in the far east like Thailand, Malaysia or Singapore.

Mind you, none of the EP's I own (which are on labels named Stereo 4 Track Records, Express Songs, Royalsound & in one case on a label that just has a logo, no name) list any label addresses or country of origin.

Social source share

Can you guess where this EP comes from??

Iran...there's a few in that series.

Sadly PR only appeared in Japan on Brenton's LP (Liberty).

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Hey stop messin about chasing Brenton's version of songs ... there's much better around ....

my biggest craving (in this line) is the later version of "Gimme Little Sign" by little known marsupial Peter Andre.

It's a very hard 45 to track down copies of coz it only made No.3 in the Aussie charts back in 1992.

If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to sell me, then please mail to me at ......

.... Roburk C/O Rampton Hospital, Woodbeck, Nr Retford, Nottinghamshire

Social source share

Iran...there's a few in that series.

Sadly PR only appeared in Japan on Brenton's LP (Liberty).

:hatsoff2:

Well done that man! Your prize is a two week holiday - in Tehran!

Yes Top4 is an iranian label, you can see a lot of EP's/singles on popsike : https://www.popsike.c...tord=&x=18&y=10

320683601936.jpg

Thanks for that. Wow, some high prices being paid for these things!

Hey stop messin about chasing Brenton's version of songs ... there's much better around ....

my biggest craving (in this line) is the later version of "Gimme Little Sign" by little known marsupial Peter Andre.

It's a very hard 45 to track down copies of coz it only made No.3 in the Aussie charts back in 1992.

If anyone has a copy they'd be willing to sell me, then please mail to me at ......

.... Roburk C/O Rampton Hospital, Woodbeck, Nr Retford, Nottinghamshire

Peter Andre? Not the arse who went around with Jordan for a time?

I dunno about Europe, but I've got it on an EP. It's in a box somewhere, but have scans of the cover.

Nice. Australian?

I have Brenton Wood tracks on a Brazilian EP (on the Som/Maior label)...

I also have an EP by him on the same Brazilian label...

Social source share

I also have an EP by him on the same Brazilian label...

Is your EP the same as mine ? ...... 4 tracks -- Gimme Little Sign; Oogum Boogum Song; Baby You Got It and Me & You.

Brenton was obviously quite popular in Italy, here's yet another of his I-tie 45's (a promo copy with different artist on tuva side) ...

post-22122-0-64350700-1343465911_thumb.j

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert