Another 10 Uk Oddballs & Rarities

Continuing the summer clearout, so are another 10 oddball UK bits and pieces which are nice to own:-

R.B. Greaves - "Let's Try It Again"/R.B. Greaves Orchestra "Your Place Or Mine" UK Pye Acetate BTC 2203 VG+ £50.00

Not sure if this was ever issued in the U.K. as I've never seen one. Instrumental on flip.

th_UKSoulScans016.jpg

Nina Simone - "My Baby Just Cares For Me" UK Charly Double-Sided Test Pressing With Custom Label M £50.00

A real weird one. This is a 7" promo for the 10" that Charly issued that eventually produced a No.1 UK hit. It looks as though a very limited run of promo-only 7"'s were rushed to radio in late '87. It's an iconic record and should probably be framed! I mean who wouldn't want this?

th_UKSoulScans008.jpg

Joyce Cobb - "How Glad I Am"/"That's What Love Will Do" UK Cream VG+ £15.00

Weird. The short lived UK Cream label. Rare!

th_UKSoulScans019.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75UM9uJLPo4

The Esquires - "My Sweet Baby" UK Action Double-Sided Promo M £50.00

Rare and a double-sided promo on one of the ultimate iconic UK Soul labels. Anyone collecting Action surely needs this. Should be framed!

th_UKSoulScans018.jpg

Bobby Bowens & Shades Of Magic - "Gonna Love Somebody" UK Move Single-Sided Test Pressing NM £50.00

Never issued but a handful of single-sided UK 7" test-pressings slipped out. Rare!

th_UKSoulScans015.jpg

Stephanie Mills "I Knew It Was Love" UK Paramount Promo £10.00 M

th_UKSoulScans021.jpg

The Showstoppers - "Don't Leave Me Standing In The Pouring Rain" UK Beacon VG+ £25.00

Rare. The group came to the UK and recorded 2 tracks with Biddu which are surprisingly great! The record hardly saw the light of day. Not even on You Tube!

th_UKSoulScans005.jpg

Hoagy Lands - "Friends And Lovers Don't Go Together" UK UK American USA 13 M £20.00

Slipped out in the early 70's, and I mean slipped! Much rarer than it looks.

th_UKSoulScans001.jpg

Tyrone Davis - "Turning Point" UK Brunswick Promo M £20

Might as well have the original and best version on a classic UK label promo!

th_UKSoulScans001-1.jpg

Charles Drain - Is This Really Love UK RCA Promo NM £20.00

th_UKSoulScans002-1.jpg

PM me if interested. All buyers on a first come first served basis. Free 1st class postage on everything.

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

• Replies 0
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source