Frankie Valli - The Night - Uk Motown Issue (Not Mowest)

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

First time I saw this I thought it was rare, but have had it twice more since then and spoken to mates who've seen it also....story I was told is when it was re-issued they ran out of Mowest labels and used TMG labels instead..not sure its true but it doesnt sell for that much .

It's a 1980s RCA era re-issue.

Not a case of running out of labels - more a case of them never having them in the first place.

Social source share

Not a mega rarity but it's definately harder to find than MW 3024 - I must have 10 copies of that, but I've only ever seen one of these Motown ones (plus one original)

Hundred times harder - when I first found one I thought I had a major rarity. Have to say I've only ever had four or five of these, so while it doesn't sell for a great deal, it is actually one of those records which you couldn't just go on ebay and find.

Social source share

Remember this coming out.

The first UK was Mowest 3002, it was reissued, on Mowest 3024, mid 70's, to satisfy 'Northern' demand... and the Black Tamla Motown came out some years later when the Mowest logo was truly canned, but keeping the 3024 Catalogue number.

Never around in great quantity.

Never released as a US Mowest issue!

:thumbsup:

Sean

PS: Earlier thread here;

Social source share

Remember this coming out.

The first UK was Mowest 3002, it was reissued, on Mowest 3024, mid 70's, to satisfy 'Northern' demand... and the Black Tamla Motown came out some years later when the Mowest logo was truly canned, but keeping the 3024 Catalogue number.

Never around in great quantity.

Never released as a US Mowest issue!

:thumbsup:

Sean

PS: Earlier thread here;

Social source share

Source Advert