Why Is It Rare To See Dj's Dance?

Guest ShaneH

Guest SteveC

What the f--k are you lot on about loads of djs dance,Dyson always doing acrobatics Kev Murphy dances all the time Rob Thomas dancesPaul Sadot dances Robbo always sort of dances karl Rhodes dances Steve Thomas dances Little Scotty dances Sam moore dances,you can tell how many of you lot actualy go to niters.Dave Abbot dances Nige Brown dances Jane Carter dances,as for djs that turn up take there fee and leave dont book them,we have 27 djs at middleton tonite not one will do that,James Trouble dances John Weston dances,you southerners really should get out more :D

Good point made Andy! I for one though cannot understand how a Dj can dance and DJ at the same event :lol::P:P

Social source share

• Replies 95
  • Views 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

sean chapman he's always rocking even during his own set ive seen him pput on a track and get on the floor..how many do that

I remember Alan Walls at Shotts all niter ..... put a record on ... dived off the stage ..... giving it big licks on the dance floor .... forgot he was the DJ ....

......... can still see Stevie tapping him on the shoulder to remind him :lol:

Magic

Social source share

What the f--k are you lot on about loads of djs dance,Dyson always doing acrobatics Kev Murphy dances all the time Rob Thomas dancesPaul Sadot dances Robbo always sort of dances karl Rhodes dances Steve Thomas dances Little Scotty dances Sam moore dances,you can tell how many of you lot actualy go to niters.Dave Abbot dances Nige Brown dances Jane Carter dances,as for djs that turn up take there fee and leave dont book them,we have 27 djs at middleton tonite not one will do that,James Trouble dances John Weston dances,you southerners really should get out more :P
Ok Andy,see you later :lol:
Social source share

What the f--k are you lot on about loads of djs dance,Dyson always doing acrobatics Kev Murphy dances all the time Rob Thomas dancesPaul Sadot dances Robbo always sort of dances karl Rhodes dances Steve Thomas dances Little Scotty dances Sam moore dances,you can tell how many of you lot actualy go to niters.Dave Abbot dances Nige Brown dances Jane Carter dances,as for djs that turn up take there fee and leave dont book them,we have 27 djs at middleton tonite not one will do that,James Trouble dances John Weston dances,you southerners really should get out more :lol:

He he he Rick being naughty here!!

Has anyone seen Andy Mc dance??

OK m8 you can slap me later lol

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

I dance inside, in my heart, feel it, live it oh and have it.....lol it has been known for me to take myself to another place with Robert Tanner or George Pepp, oh and Sharron, Paul Sadot is good mate but he can't shuffle like the Bicknell can...lol

Mark xxxx

Let's all do ooh ooh The Bicknell Shuffle..............I can see it now........big strong lines of soulies all shuffling in harmony :P Right, you lot......I will be dancing at Pond's Forge........and I danced at Willington - and Sean Chapman danced there to one of my records......and Dave Rimmer floats like a butterfly and sings like a bee :lol::P Jo

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

What the f--k are you lot on about loads of djs dance,Dyson always doing acrobatics Kev Murphy dances all the time Rob Thomas dancesPaul Sadot dances Robbo always sort of dances karl Rhodes dances Steve Thomas dances Little Scotty dances Sam moore dances,you can tell how many of you lot actualy go to niters.Dave Abbot dances Nige Brown dances Jane Carter dances,as for djs that turn up take there fee and leave dont book them,we have 27 djs at middleton tonite not one will do that,James Trouble dances John Weston dances,you southerners really should get out more :lol:

Oi, who you callin' a Suvverner, eh? I might venture North of Watford from time to time......... :P Still waiting for the call........... :P Jo

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Has anyone seen Andy Mc dance??

i thought i did once a while back. i found out later that he was just putting a cigarette out that someone had dropped :):)

Shane

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Hi shane, keep this number handy after that. You might need it.

2713279 (Hallamshire Emergency admissions) :)

he loves me really :)

Shane

ps. cheers for that. he may have laughed until he saw an opportunity to rip my neck off :D

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

:)

Ha ha hardy de har,i most certainly do dance [well thats what i call it] as anyone who attended that merry go round alldayer in salford in 1978 will tell you,and shane keep that no handy you will need it when you have got 3 adams apples.

Social source share

Guest ShaneH

Ha ha hardy de har,i most certainly do dance [well thats what i call it] as anyone who attended that merry go round alldayer in salford in 1978 will tell you,and shane keep that no handy you will need it when you have got 3 adams apples.

Social source share

I've always been a dancer, its part of the thrills of young.........well, you know. In the early days of Yate I used to manage to hop off the stage and have a dance to my own tunes (well, numbers were a bit on the low side and Kojak gave me a bonus! LOL). Even today, I couldn't imagine djing and not having a dance during someone else's spot, its not natural.....

Tony

Social source share

this is something that i have noticed for many years.

you very rarely see a big name DJ on the dancefloor.

would the music being played be more dancefloor friendly if the DJ's were dancers too?

i am only being light-hearted here so i dont expect any logical answers :)

Shane

Easy most of them can't dance, well hardly be described as dancing, its like saying who would be a goalkeeper.? usually because they can't play outfield.

There is also the elitist few, who don't want to mix the masses, but leaving them to one side, the majority can't dance, these are often seen at the end of the nite, shuffling around totaly pissed.I seem to remember Frank (dewhurst) used to dance during his DJ sessions and he was not bad, but he was/is the exception.

DJ = UNCO-ORDINATED.!

SHEEP

Social source share

Lets hope we dont see the Bicknell stairs shuffle tonight;) and Mark will you have PTSD from the last time you visited Middleton ??

In the circumstances and not to make light of this i'm working Sunday and will not be attending Middleton, i did give it a mention or two on my Solar show over the past couple of weeks and i really hope it's a huge night as i'm sure it will be, good promotions such as this deserve to be a success.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I dont want to embaress the man but I saw Dave Thorley dance in the modern room at the Nurenberg weekender and he was brilliant....that guy can move...it was the first time I`d seen Dave dance ever!

Chris

Dave used to dance loads.. he needs a lot of room, wild arms and legs! Not seen him for years though so couldn't comment about recent times.

I had him dancing around in my living room on christmas. That was some kind of frightening! Because it's a small one with my records in. :)

Saw him in Nuremberg too, he's still a pretty good dancer.

Martin

Social source share

this is something that i have noticed for many years.

you very rarely see a big name DJ on the dancefloor.

would the music being played be more dancefloor friendly if the DJ's were dancers too?

i am only being light-hearted here so i dont expect any logical answers :no:

Shane

Hi Shane.I only DJ .I am hopeless at dancing.I may be alone in this answer.I "think" I play a good dance tempo for those who are confident on the floor ,as a lesser known DJ.Logic ,to me = good ? :lol:wink.gif ,
Social source share

In the circumstances and not to make light of this i'm working Sunday and will not be attending Middleton, i did give it a mention or two on my Solar show over the past couple of weeks and i really hope it's a huge night as i'm sure it will be, good promotions such as this deserve to be a success.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hey Mark, are you gonna show your face at Soul or Nothing next week?? Go on, you know you want to...

Social source share

Guest StoneSoul45

Keb Darge is one hell of a dancer! I'm 30 something years younger and would kill myself if I tried flinging my limbs around like that, all inverted and shit!

I been known to dash out the booth to dance to my own records from time to time..all depends on how many of them free drinks I got in me.

Social source share

Well if Shane and Joan had gone to Groovy Grooves last night they would have both been satisfied by seeing Mr Hennigan do that turbo shuffle of his all over the dance floor (well in one corner for half a record but I think this does constitute a top DJ dancing).

Keb was a tikwando (sp?) champion I think, which is why he's really good at the twirly stuff.

Social source share

Guest vinylvixen

Andy Rix dances, well he used to :D

Andy Rix is a superb dancer......no,really - he is a fabulous dancer :D it was a pleasure to watch him.........oooh err, that sounded a bit pervy, missus :yes: Jo

Social source share

Keb Darge is one hell of a dancer! I'm 30 something years younger and would kill myself if I tried flinging my limbs around like that, all inverted and shit!

I been known to dash out the booth to dance to my own records from time to time..all depends on how many of them free drinks I got in me.

Keb is simply superb :D Haven't seen it for years but he is on a video from I think one of the old Yarmouth weekenders dancing to the Temptations - Come On Back To Me Baby, superb display :yes:

Social source share

Does Butch have a dodgy knee? :D

Back in the bad old days of the 80's at Bilston All Nighter (ex-mining village to cross reference to the political topic I am going nowhere near :yes::D ) Butch danced to about 3 records in a row during my spot, which made me feel great as it was one of my first main spots to a non-local crowd,

I was feeling fairly chuffed until Butch went on after me (for one of his first big allnighter spots I would suggest) and proceeded to deflate me totally as I listened to his choice of music and realised my 60 minutes paled into insignificance!!

General point is in the 80's most dj's danced, Guy H is one of the best and most co-ordinated dancers around, surely no coincidence that before and after these days, when the scene is much bigger very few dj's dance, Would suggest that may be a lot to the self perception of many of these djs!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Guest Soultown andy

James Trouble givin it large on the dance floor at middleton last nite,also recall Steve Cato and jumpin joan and kev murphy workin up a swet as well. :ohmy:

Social source share

Collectors / Punters who come from the dancefloor make the better dj's anyway in my opinion! If you like a dance yourself - then you know what makes others want to dance too! :ohmy:

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Ginger was giving it large in the lounge at the Hilton last night, whilst Mr. Searling was DJ'ing in his pyjamas and complimentary white Hilton towelling slippers!! :ohmy:

Social source share

It looks like most of the djs dance at sometime then...The thread would have been better with what djs have never danced...I think even Stevie Z must have seen the dancefloor in his youth....The punters like to see dj dance and join in..Keith Money can do the lot,play tunes dance and drink the bar dry whistling.gif ..Beat that...

Social source share

It looks like most of the djs dance at sometime then...The thread would have been better with what djs have never danced...I think even Stevie Z must have seen the dancefloor in his youth....The punters like to see dj dance and join in..Keith Money can do the lot,play tunes dance and drink the bar dry biggrin.gif ..Beat that...
Hi Steve whistling.gif thought I'd got away with it :wicked: Last time I placed my shoes with decent effort was at Bury Football Club when Terry ...played for them :unsure: Will try and shuffle behind the decks at the next Greatstone :P ATB Stevie

P.S. Tony or Paul didn't put you up to this :D

Social source share

James Trouble givin it large on the dance floor at middleton last nite,also recall Steve Cato and jumpin joan and kev murphy workin up a swet as well. :wicked:

Normally see that Molly working up a sweat to , I think he had a problem with his balance Sat nite though.. whistling.gif

Social source share

Normally see that Molly working up a sweat to , I think he had a problem with his balance Sat nite though.. :wicked:
Thought it was you with the balance problem sat dolly my dear....lol whistling.gif:D:(:D

HB whistling.gif

Edited by heavenly blocked
Social source share

Keb is simply superb :thumbsup: Haven't seen it for years but he is on a video from I think one of the old Yarmouth weekenders dancing to the Temptations - Come On Back To Me Baby, superb display :lol:

Keb's dancing was incredible - I remember seeing him dance to "Job Opening" once and he was like a fireworks display on ankles - your eyes simply couldn't keep up with all the moves.

It wasn't just the acrobatics he was good at either - all that martial arts practise had given him amazing balance and precision, so every little move was spot on - an absolute joy to watch.

I say 'was' only because with all his Funk stuff keeping him busy I haven't seen him dance for years - I imagine he could still do it today, but I never see him on the dancefloor - shame.

All the best,

Nick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert