• Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Guest manusf3a

Tomangos I relly love you

Major Lance You dont want me no more

Heiitations Im not built that way

Gotta have Manifesto in there ,

Lots ,more but each and evrey one captures your attention imediately you hear it ,turns your head starts that tingle makes you wanna move! like most questions of a similar ilk as soon as you think of one more keep coming like a non stop printout.

Edited by manusf3a
Social source share

Guest Byrney

One thing I've noticed about loads of the intros on this thread, they're really dramatic, explosive openings e.g joe hicks, Arthur Freeman, Del Larks, Mello Souls, Sandi Sheldon, Major Lance, Case of Tyme etc.

Drama makes for a cracking start of a song

Edited by Byrney
Social source share

I was flicking through tracks I've imported to iTunes (vinyl and CDs), and just listening to the intro, and to be honest, I think in many ways the opening that stops you in your tracks is pretty much the essence of Northern. And not just Northern Soul, Funk, Deep, and probably many other genres too. I think the ones that appeal to me are the ones which are quite off-beat, so to speak.

I don't think Mr Flood's Party has been listed yet for instance, or Eddie Floyd "That's All". I love the tunes where there's some sort of odd chord, not knowing music enough to describe it, but it is some sort of flat maybe.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert