Guy's Big Sounds Jan 1985

Chalky

I'll put you out of your misery Phil.

Phil Terrell is an unissued acetate by the Jaggers, another version of the Commands No Time For You.

Rocking Ritchie Adams is George Jackson on Mercury.

The Billy Sharae is a 45 related to Lenis Guess in some capacity, not sure what or what the record is yet but someone might help? Could've been Bohanna on Scepter???

Social source share

Melba Marshall being one snd not sure about

Either Sylivia St.Claire on Brunswick, or Barbara Middleton on Tangerine :hatsoff2:

Now, what was the 'Maskmen'? :g:

Social source share

Either Sylivia St.Claire on Brunswick, or Barbara Middleton on Tangerine :hatsoff2:

Sylvia St Claire is the first one on the tape David, Patti Austin and the Pain Stains - Come Back To me.

Maskmen got me stumped!

What is Otis Valentine? Danny Moore which I doubt as Pat covered it as Leon Washington and Paris.

Social source share

Ironically just sold a "Maurice Simon" in sales

Lloyd & Glen - What You Got - Wirl

Also came out on UK Doctor Bird

Des

Ironically just sold a "Maurice Simon" in sales

Lloyd & Glen - What You Got - Wirl

Also came out on UK Doctor Bird

Des

and the Pie Men? :lol:

Social source share

Neither of those is Melba Marshall, Guy said he wouldn't have played Barbara Middleton even though had it back then.

Maskmen, any ideas Mr Flynnster?

Social source share

Guy was always very imaginative with his cover up names,

Albanians.........where did that come from?

Fro,m the interview on Dave Rimmer's Soulfulkindamusic...

The Albanians came to be covered up basically when me, Tim, Claire obviously Margaret and a guy from Clitheroe and old mate of mine and his mate Sag, Brian and his mate cycled over to Corfu and we had arranged to meet (we were on holiday there) and on his way cycled through Benitsit you came to the little resort where me, Margaret Tim end Claire were. He was cycling through this town and who should he see wandering about in the middle of the road( I think as this story goes) with terrorist balaclavas on at about 3 o'clock on an extremely hot midsummer's afternoon in Corfu but Gaz Kellet under the influence, possibly of beer, I don't know, which he couldn't believe because he nearly knocked him over, then when Brian told us who he had seen we actually took off one day down that coast line to try and find out where they were stopping and we got to a place called Khyser Bridge which basically is a place which is over looking and 10 mile across the water from Albania and there behind a hedge just on the aide of the road jud off the coast on the sea line there, who should we see all creeping about kind of thing terrorist style, but some of the Preston Cybermen as they were later to be known, all wearing terrorist type balaclavas from some reason, (never got to the bottom of that) and some of them wearing foreign legion type headgear as well and they me all on holiday and after a day spent with them hence the cover up of the Albanians. Bernie Golding went there as well, Gordon from Preston, they were the lads on tour definitely.

:lol:

Social source share

Fro,m the interview on Dave Rimmer's Soulfulkindamusic...

The Albanians came to be covered up basically when me, Tim, Claire obviously Margaret and a guy from Clitheroe and old mate of mine and his mate Sag, Brian and his mate cycled over to Corfu and we had arranged to meet (we were on holiday there) and on his way cycled through Benitsit you came to the little resort where me, Margaret Tim end Claire were. He was cycling through this town and who should he see wandering about in the middle of the road( I think as this story goes) with terrorist balaclavas on at about 3 o'clock on an extremely hot midsummer's afternoon in Corfu but Gaz Kellet under the influence, possibly of beer, I don't know, which he couldn't believe because he nearly knocked him over, then when Brian told us who he had seen we actually took off one day down that coast line to try and find out where they were stopping and we got to a place called Khyser Bridge which basically is a place which is over looking and 10 mile across the water from Albania and there behind a hedge just on the aide of the road jud off the coast on the sea line there, who should we see all creeping about kind of thing terrorist style, but some of the Preston Cybermen as they were later to be known, all wearing terrorist type balaclavas from some reason, (never got to the bottom of that) and some of them wearing foreign legion type headgear as well and they me all on holiday and after a day spent with them hence the cover up of the Albanians. Bernie Golding went there as well, Gordon from Preston, they were the lads on tour definitely.

:lol:

Thanks Chalky

Pure class....... Kellet strikes again!!!!!!

Social source share

hi chalky

heres what i got

robert walker - scoty williams -fear -mona lisa

laura green -june conquest - almost persuaded -fame

danny woods - little charles & sidewinders -talkin about you babe - decca

delacardos -tsu toranados -only inside -ovide

tate - ernest sparks - i'll be glad -soul o sonic

clarence andrews - johnny gilliam-baby take me back - modern

emanual lasky- jacky beavers- bring me all your heartaches -grandland

robert bateman- seem to remember this was a acetate

atb steve still working on the others

Social source share

Neither of those is Melba Marshall, Guy said he wouldn't have played Barbara Middleton even though had it back then.

For reference, Guy did feature both sides of Barbara Middleton on his tapes that were doing the rounds back then...I am 100% on that as I was surprised to hear 'I Wonder Why' when I bought the Barbara Middletont for COBTM.

Social source share

I know I know the Arin Demain as well...I can even hear it in my head now...very tinny production...grrr! :g:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Might be a long way off, but Guy played plenty of instrumentals of well known songs. Backstreet being an obvious one.

Could the Marksmen track be an instrumental of Agent Double O Soul?

Social source share

For reference, Guy did feature both sides of Barbara Middleton on his tapes that were doing the rounds back then...I am 100% on that as I was surprised to hear 'I Wonder Why' when I bought the Barbara Middletont for COBTM.

I can't find a full sound file to "I Wonder Why" but the bit I can find I can't hear anything to link the cover up title with it?

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!