Weekenders....is There A Demand For A Rare Soul Weekender?

Yeh , I thought you were there Chalky. I think 1 was in Ryle and then Llandudno.

Llandudno was the one that some of the lads wanted to dance in the bar but there was no dance floor so the went and bought stuff and fitted one on Saturday Morning!! I can still see the Landlords Face!! Ha Ha

Social source share

Yeh , I thought you were there Chalky. I think 1 was in Ryle and then Llandudno.

Llandudno was the one that some of the lads wanted to dance in the bar but there was no dance floor so the went and bought stuff and fitted one on Saturday Morning!! I can still see the Landlords Face!! Ha Ha

think first 2 were in llandudno and then 1 or maybe 2 in rhyl ?

am still recovering from the llandudno ones :rofl:

here are, dug this brief word out

as brain cells were revived it brought back some smile inducing memories

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/articles/event-news/llandudno-conniseurs-weekend-r1000

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Have to agree with fluff on this, sat nighters is the life blood of the entire scene, whatever pigeon hole form of music style your into.

On a side issue my head is starting to hurt again at the reference to the top 500 being used as another way of saying shit oldies being over played week in week out, and rare and under played being used as some sort of northerm soul nervana!! Ffs 60% if not more of Ted s Mick h Andy d mace westerns and many more jocks I could mention all play quality rare oldies that are ALL in the top 500.

I fail to see the point in basically putting 45s like Lester Tipton, Larry Clinton,Nabay,Eddie parker, and a thousand others of like in the bin because they are like it or not top 500 yet rockin horse shit rare and played week in week out, if you lose these 45s from any nighter you mention then the scene is well and truly had it and will be given over to the elitist brigade where boredom freely reigns.

Yesterday I watched some 300 dancers rock the dance floor to Frankie vallie your ready now and dobbie gray out on the floor and you know what?

They sounded fantastic. Over played oldies? Don't think so, not heard either out for at least 10 yrs

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I fail to see the point in basically putting 45s like Lester Tipton, Larry Clinton,Nabay,Eddie parker, and a thousand others of like in the bin because they are like it or not top 500 yet rockin horse shit rare and played week in week out,

A thousand others in the top 500? . :g:

Off topic but couldn't resist :shhh:

Social source share

think going a bit off topic with the recent posts (yep own included)

Daz maybe last post work better as a new thread ?

Yeah i know, i did say but i do rant on and on and on.........think it's called being passionate about an issue.

point taken though.

Daz.

Social source share

think first 2 were in llandudno and then 1 or maybe 2 in rhyl ?

am still recovering from the llandudno ones :rofl:

here are, dug this brief word out

as brain cells were revived it brought back some smile inducing memories

https://www.soul-sour...s-weekend-r1000

Yeah we had a great time, it was just full on all weekend ! The problem is though in order to secure the hotel for the weekend, John Mills had to book every room in his name, and that didn't come cheap. There were also all the associated hassles of finding equipment for three rooms, sorting out DJ rotas, changing them round when DJs can't be arsed turning up ! etc etc etc.

I remember one year John Mills came into the bar on the Sunday morning with a five pound note held out in front of him. I asked him what it was, and he said "profit from the weekender". So we had a pint each that year !

But I think we managed to use all the top DJs in the country that were playing rarer stuff at the time. Would I contemplate doing it all again. Not a chance ! :D:D:D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!