Records That 'book' High But Are In Reality.....poor

Guest Brooky

Got another Curtis Davis record, Your Love And My Money / Somebody - Bev Mar Records. Comes from Pittsburgh PA but has a ZTSC number.

Top side slightly funky sounds about 1968, B side quite a half decent deep type sound.

I'm not sure if it's the same guy, the ronnie 45s are from DC. There is another arkettes on ronnie, argie and the arkettes, that is good and that has proven to be rarer recently...

Social source share

I'm not sure if it's the same guy, the ronnie 45s are from DC. There is another arkettes on ronnie, argie and the arkettes, that is good and that has proven to be rarer recently...

Argie & The Arketts - You're The Guy - absolutely stunning 45, had a few copies, one day I'll keep one..

Social source share

OK, I think it just sold for those high prices because it was still largely unknown when I sold those. Slightly later Craig Moerer had stock of it and were selling them relatively cheap.

I don't think that neither of the LVC 45s are poor within their genre though.

no within their genre I like both these records. Prehaps a little disco in places on the cheaper but good vocals and pretty much guarantee a full floor as they are very catchy and jolly.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

Here's a second nomination from me. Why did I buy this?????? :facepalm:

It's boring and repetitive and doesn't seem to 'go anywhwere' if you get my meaning......

post-26636-0-36226900-1341577732_thumb.j

It carries a £350 price tg in JM's 5th Edition!!!! This one cost me about £35 I think but it's not the best in terms of condition.

[media=]

Edited by Brooky
Social source share

another one for the debate

richard marks on free spirit seems to have dropped a hell of a lot but doesn't seem any more common to me ? just a handful of lesser condition cppies recently thats all. I'm not aware of a qty of M- ones ?

https://www.popsike.c...d marks&x=0&y=0

I actually think this is a fantastic record so not totally in line with the thread as it started just highlightling the huge price swing.

Social source share

Here's a second nomination from me. Why did I buy this?????? :facepalm:

It's boring and repetitive and doesn't seem to 'go anywhwere' if you get my meaning......

post-26636-0-36226900-1341577732_thumb.j

It carries a £350 price tg in JM's 5th Edition!!!! This one cost me about £35 I think but it's not the best in terms of condition.

[media=]

brooky, have you ever bought a record you actually liked :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Yes - The Grand Piano Company "Esperanto" along with the other 299 soulless pilled up arse holes !!!!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Brooky

=======================================================================

There was one once but I dropped it on the floor and it broke! :huh:

Social source share

Guest the fifer

Always thought that Jimmy Armstrong - Mystery - Shrine was a pile of poop what does it go for these days? Whatever it is it's too much.

Derek

Social source share

Always thought that Jimmy Armstrong - Mystery - Shrine was a pile of poop what does it go for these days? Whatever it is it's too much.

Derek

maybe so but the flip is great deep soul which also came out on jet set.

so its got some justifiable value IMO.

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Yes - The Grand Piano Company "Esperanto" along with the other 299 soulless pilled up arse holes !!!!

Are you related to that 'Mystic Meg'? :)

post-26636-0-93635300-1342308577_thumb.j

Social source share

I was recording records last night and recorded the josephine taylor on palos. the other side not in the youtube video is the a-side and it was a minor hit in chicago. i listened to it and it blew me away, and it was deep soul and i generally don't even like deep soul. but it was excellent.

Social source share

I was recording records last night and recorded the josephine taylor on palos. the other side not in the youtube video is the a-side and it was a minor hit in chicago. i listened to it and it blew me away, and it was deep soul and i generally don't even like deep soul. but it was excellent.

bob break yourself in gently with deep with backing vocals and soon you'll love it all....

you are still only young so there is still time to love deep soul :D

Social source share

• 2 months later...

At the end of the day it's all about personal taste and what you perceive to be worthy of big money. You could probably compile the guide to 'Know Your Real Soul from Your RSoul"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!