Called In At The 'local' Tonight And

Guest Brooky

Guest Brooky

....put a quid in the juke box.........went to 60's Soul and played...............

Charades - Key to My Happiness

Exciters - Blowing Up My Mind

Cavaliars - Hold to My Baby

Etta James - Seven Day Fool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

.................how good is that for a quid????????

I mean...The Charades...on the Pub jukie....how good is that!!!!!

• Helpful 3
Social source share

....put a quid in the juke box.........went to 60's Soul and played...............

Charades - Key to My Happiness

Exciters - Blowing Up My Mind

Cavaliars - Hold to My Baby

Etta James - Seven Day Fool,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

.................how good is that for a quid????????

I mean...The Charades...on the Pub jukie....how good is that!!!!!

Sounds a good pub!

Is it up North?

Social source share

Guest Duncan Ball

my local used to have quite abit of proper northern on it,many a time i would put on dearly beloved on and watch the youngsters look at each other bemused lol

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Did you check if they're OVO in case there was any requirement to decapitate the landlord for using boots/reissues?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totally 'Soul Police' me................it was one of those computer file jukies.....Alec Gilroy sleeps with the fishes!

Luca Brazzi :shades:

Social source share

Guest Brooky

Sounds a good pub!

Is it up North?

The Squirrel in Stratford upon Avon....we're f*ckin' posh down here mate!!!! :ohmy:

Social source share

I've been in a few pubs that have had Northern on the jukebox but what surprised me many months ago was when I walked up to the bar and on the "hand pulled" section was Northern Soul Rider. A nice pint it was too. Got the landlord to drop me off the clip thingy that they put on the pumps when he had done with it. Just goes to show that Northern Soul is everywhere! :hypo:

Steve

Edited by soulman
Social source share

Also at the Palace Hotel in Rhyl, mid to late Seventies, things like Epitome of sound, Shirley Lawson, Christine Cooper, Rose Batiste Hit & Run................... & yes all O.V.O. I never did get them back, but we allways had free plays of them. Happy Days.!

Ricardo. :thumbsup:

Social source share

I've been in a few pubs that have had Northern on the jukebox but what surprised me many months ago was when I walked up to the bar and on the "hand pulled" section was Northern Soul Rider. A nice pint it was too. Got the landlord to drop me off the clip thingy that they put on the pumps when he had done with it. Just goes to show that Northern Soul is everywhere! :hypo:

Steve

Bought some stout from Northern breweries call Two tone special it was good I also bought a bottle of ale called Northern Dancer that wasnt very pleasant at all :)

Social source share

Get your orders in now ...... https://www.northernbrewing.co.uk/90300/info.php?p=2

Charlie Rees (from Cheshire area originally ... so not OVO.... Original Vagrant Only) used to call that way on his journey up to the Cleggy weekender & lay a stock in for the event (I'd wager that our's wasn't that only caravan fridge that had no room for food during the weekender).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bought some stout from Northern breweries call Two tone special it was good I also bought a bottle of ale called Northern Dancer that wasnt very pleasant at all :)

My regular watering hole had a barrel of Northern Dancer a while back, and it was more than OK...put it this way, it didn't last long!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!