Chi Chi On You Tube

just been playing chi chi on you tube ,and one of the comments on there says that chi chi was CAROLE DEVINE and she is on facebook ( i am not on facebook ...bad enough on the computer ) has anyone on here been in touch with her.and have they got any info on her....cracking tune... imho...

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

• 1 month later...

Hi Stacey's Dad,

Didn't see this before, but coincidentally have made contact with Chi Chi (Carole) Devine from our Facebook group Beat Ballad Heaven, and she's going to pop along tonight to answer any questions from our members. Is there anything specific you'd like to know? Or just a potted history? And yeah, we've already asked if she's got any records, lol :wink:

Tee

Social source share

Carole Devine

Hello Paul and & all you other lovely folks, so happy that you are still interested in wanting info on us! Our group only had 1 hit and that was regionally. It was called Memory Lane. We did do other songs, however, they never

made it to the charts. There was quite a bit of confusion over our name to say the least! The then manager & I prefer not to mention any names, didn't check to see if any other groups had the name of, Stereos, even Impalas (we went by that name while in high school) then yes we recorded under the name of Tams then Hippies. We were the same group. Just different names. Chi Chi is my nickname given me by my father. He was Filipino and my Mother was Scotch & Welsh w/a little English thrown in)! They have both passed away. I am not in touch with any other artists, sadly but last year did a show with Darlene Love, Freda Payne, the Duprees, Kenny Vance and the Plantones, Platters and prominent DJ in the area, Jerry Blavat who put the show on. It was very exciting for me. I will write more later. Thanks again.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert