Wrong Words

Guest Jimmy Scriv

I know at my age my hearing is not all that good but on 'No One's There' I'm sure Martha sings about 'talking to the internet'. :(

Social source share

I know at my age my hearing is not all that good but on 'No One's There' I'm sure Martha sings about 'talking to the internet'. :(
WHO SAID THAT :lol:

HB :shades:

Social source share

At my first visit to the Mecca I went up and asked Colin Curtis for one of my Wigan favourites "You broke My Heart In Two". He said he didn't have it. About 5 minutes later he played it but said it was "If That's What You Wanted" by Frankie Beverly :( .

Cochise was mentioned earlier, I also heard it referred to as cold Cheese as well as Choc Ice :shades:

Paul

Social source share

One I remember told by pete smith to another list ages ago was "Talking about Poor Folks"....being sang as "Funky to my Torso" made me laugh for weeks....

Sue

Social source share

I swear the D.C Magnatones are talking about a trannie :) Words go to the affect

.........."or am i huggin just another boy, i wanna know does she love me when she tells me so" :lol:

Naaa..,pure hetro,"am I hers or just another boy...etc.", trust me, I wrote the words for the tune.

Regards, Billy V.whistling.gif

Social source share

• 18 years later...

Peter Kay did a great sketch about misheard lyrics in his shows a few years back (the clips up on youtube). 

I always thought the lyrics to the disco hit song "Last night a DJ shagged my wife" were a bit off. . . . As a 15 year old, I always used to sing "Sugar for my honey's lunch" but I don't think that's what the 4 Tops were actually saying. 

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

One of my friends back in the 1960s used to sing along - voice at full volume - to The Beatles Day Tripper. She was convinced the lyrics were "She's a big Jesus.." & not "She's a big teaser..." So embarrassed when she found out the correct words when she was young but laughs about it now.🤣🤣

Social source share

O, Jays,  "I  Dig Your Hat" ,     Tony and Tyrone "My Babys Got a Bad Back " or "My babys Got Her Bags Packed"  ?

Finally an unknown , to us, at the time, Ramsey Lewis Instrumental, on a terrible microphone at the Wheel became "Mixing  Mortar".

Social source share

Going back to Peterborough Allnighters I think and I swore blind Major Lance was singing Sycamore Sycamore.

Since heard his alternative version called You don't want me no more!!! which ain't bad.🤣

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!