Wall Of Sound.hang On

Guest Mart B

Guest Mart B

Not a particular fav of mine just intrigued.

Who is the lead vocalist is he detroit, philly or chicago he sounds like Bobby Paris, Walker brothers type singer.

Anyone know?.

Cheers

Social source share

According to Mick Patrick's sleeve notes to the Ace CD "Phil's spectre -A Wall of Soundalikes" , The Wall of Sound - "was the unlikely brainchild of two arch exponents of novelty pop.Reese Francis Clifford and Jan Davis." Clifford was Buzz Clifford who had a hit in 1961 with "Baby Sittin' Boogie", Davis was a songwriter. No info given on the group so could be a bunch of session musicians and singers.Originally released on Hollywood based Big Bird records

Rick

Social source share

gotta be him out of the righteous brothers?

No that was the idea - make people think it was the Righteous brothers. I collect records like this, Spector soundalikes, and there are several that sound exactly like The RB's - Kane & Abel, Knickerbockers - Wishful thinking etc.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

No that was the idea - make people think it was the Righteous brothers. I collect records like this, Spector soundalikes, and there are several that sound exactly like The RB's - Kane & Abel, Knickerbockers - Wishful thinking etc.

Can`t remember the Artist at the moment, but theres one on Karate, i allways thought sounded like the Righteous bro`s......Please don`t go? ....got it THE SPLENDORS

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Can`t remember the Artist at the moment, but theres one on Karate, i allways thought sounded like the Righteous bro`s......Please don`t go? ....got it THE SPLENDORS

Yep, fantastic record, really underrated I reckon. And not just because I have a mint demo on sale for £50 :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 year later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!