Nice Charity Shop Find

Just got back from the daily hunt and picked up 2 mint Kiki Dee albums for £1 each.

Kiki Dee - Patterns on UK Philips (includes 'On a magic carpet ride, I dig you baby, and a slow version of 'When we get there (Paul Anka)

and

Kiki Dee - Kiki Dee on Sounds Superb (Tamla Motown farmed) which include Our day will come...., Love makes the world go round, and Love is a warm kind of sorrow + more.

I know the second one isn't as rare as the Motown copy but still for a quid? and both in unplayed condition?

Not a bad find me thinks?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Weren't they both 70s retrospective issues, aimed at the Northern crowd? The Patterns LP sounds nice though - still got to be £20 worth of anyone's money.

Gene I think both might have been released to cash in on Kiki Dee having a little success on Elton John's Rocket label in 73/74. Though the MFP one might have already been planned as part of their big Motown reissue series.

Social source share

Gene I think both might have been released to cash in on Kiki Dee having a little success on Elton John's Rocket label in 73/74. Though the MFP one might have already been planned as part of their big Motown reissue series.

Yep - the 'Rocket' cash-in definitely makes sense Pete.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL This is what makes my day, a very good find, the LP with "magic carpet ride" is collectible mainly by DJ's as for price well I sold a copy to DAVE RIMMER yonks ago at KEELE for £10, so you should have no problem selling it, but if you have not got the 45? and Pete has no more £125 ones to sell? keep it, as they are pretty hard to find, especially in charity shops, the TMG LP is worth about £20 :ohmy: DAVE
Social source share

last weekend went to a 'antiques' store in an old victorian ex hospital niccis parents had look round...went to look at a couple of bits of retro furniture for the house...wasnt too excited...till i saw a box of records...same old shit untill i came across 'this is sue' lp on pink island...a few scuffs but none that you can hear...cover a bit tatty but no tears..label EX

asked how much...'thats nuffin,you can have that for a couple of quid' he said...yep that'll do

dean

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL This is what makes my day, a very good find, the LP with "magic carpet ride" is collectible mainly by DJ's as for price well I sold a copy to DAVE RIMMER yonks ago at KEELE for £10, so you should have no problem selling it, but if you have not got the 45? and Pete has no more £125 ones to sell? keep it, as they are pretty hard to find, especially in charity shops, the TMG LP is worth about £20 :ohmy: DAVE

Excellent and thanks. I have done a little research since posting this and have found that 2 copies of the 'Patterns' album have gone for £23-24 in the not too distant past, and one at £51 in 2005.

Great albums both of the ones I got for £2 and now thinking of keeping the 'Patterns' one as you suggest. Well! keeping both, but was thinking previously of selling the 'Patterns' one.

Thanks

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!