: 9

120865884532.jpg

PRECISIONS rare If This Is Love northern soul CDN press

LABEL:
Stone

CONDITION

RECORD: EX, a few light marks, plain sleeve

INFO:
Great northern tune and very rare on a Canadian Stone label pressing, looks great and better to my mind than its US counterpart on Drew. Check the clip below!

hope this helps steve.

ricky.

Social source share

Wasnt aware of this release Til tony foster pulled it out, lol, at the last genuine, beautiful label.

Yeah agree Fantastic looking label, on the downside I believe that the Canadian doesn't have the equally fabulous_You'll Soon Be Gone_ on the other side.

ATB

Tony

Social source share

Yeah agree Fantastic looking label, on the downside I believe that the Canadian doesn't have the equally fabulous_You'll Soon Be Gone_ on the other side.

ATB

Tony

Oh but it does! :yes:

Social source share

I think Eddie Parker - Love you baby came out on that label

Indeed it did Pete, ridiculously hard one......last one I saw was on Manships power wall at Cleethorpes about 10 years ago and I think it was £300 or so back then.
Social source share

Further tales from the Seaview Retirement Home for gentle soul folk...........

Many years ago, well around 1974/5, there was a place in Telford called "Oldies Unlimited" owned by Anthony Lewis. He sold hit oldie singles to shops and direct to the public by mail order. I think he advertised in Echoes and Black Music. Soul singles were included in his lists but not rare or northern stuff. Somehow I managed to persuade him to let me look through his stock of mixed UK and US singles, not an easy ask as he was not too keen on youngsters wasting his time for little return.

Terry Thomas (Mr Tee of Kidderminster) came with me and we were allowed to go through a room full of boxed singles. There was quite a lot but not so many that we couldn't get through the lot in 4 or 5 hours. There was a lot of early and mid 70s soul singles from the US East coast such as Today, Jay Walking, North Bay and quite a lot of Reggae. Not great stuff but there was enough good titles to keep us happy. I think we got a lot of "You're The Cream of the Crop" by M....? on Bale which was getting plays.

Anyway now and again we came across singles on Stone, probably "If this is Love" was the first. Eventually we had around 25 to 30 Stone singles. We split all multiple copies we found and I think I ended up with about 4 of "If this..." the same of "A place" a couple of "Instant Heartbreak" ,3 or 4 Timmy Willis "Mr Soul Satisfaction" and a couple of Eddie Parker "Love You Baby"

I also found a "Satisfied" Ben Aiken on Canadian Warner Bros and Billy Butler "I'll Bet You" on Canadian Brunswick. I don't remember what we paid for them but probably less than 30 pence each for a few hundred records. When we paid him we went into his office which had shelves of records but these were some of his own collection and not for sale or even to look at. However from the look of the sleeves he had 2 or 3 hundred Stateside releases as well as London etc. Of course they could have all been RnR or pop, I'll never know now.

The records have long gone now but for some reason I have an empty sleeve see photopost-16601-0-16322400-1339701882_thumb.jpost-16601-0-22627300-1339701897_thumb.j. Steve, if you want it PM me

Rick.

Social source share

Further tales from the Seaview Retirement Home for gentle soul folk...........

Many years ago, well around 1974/5, there was a place in Telford called "Oldies Unlimited" owned by Anthony Lewis. He sold hit oldie singles to shops and direct to the public by mail order. I think he advertised in Echoes and Black Music. Soul singles were included in his lists but not rare or northern stuff. Somehow I managed to persuade him to let me look through his stock of mixed UK and US singles, not an easy ask as he was not too keen on youngsters wasting his time for little return.

Terry Thomas (Mr Tee of Kidderminster) came with me and we were allowed to go through a room full of boxed singles. There was quite a lot but not so many that we couldn't get through the lot in 4 or 5 hours. There was a lot of early and mid 70s soul singles from the US East coast such as Today, Jay Walking, North Bay and quite a lot of Reggae. Not great stuff but there was enough good titles to keep us happy. I think we got a lot of "You're The Cream of the Crop" by M....? on Bale which was getting plays.

Anyway now and again we came across singles on Stone, probably "If this is Love" was the first. Eventually we had around 25 to 30 Stone singles. We split all multiple copies we found and I think I ended up with about 4 of "If this..." the same of "A place" a couple of "Instant Heartbreak" ,3 or 4 Timmy Willis "Mr Soul Satisfaction" and a couple of Eddie Parker "Love You Baby"

I also found a "Satisfied" Ben Aiken on Canadian Warner Bros and Billy Butler "I'll Bet You" on Canadian Brunswick. I don't remember what we paid for them but probably less than 30 pence each for a few hundred records. When we paid him we went into his office which had shelves of records but these were some of his own collection and not for sale or even to look at. However from the look of the sleeves he had 2 or 3 hundred Stateside releases as well as London etc. Of course they could have all been RnR or pop, I'll never know now.

The records have long gone now but for some reason I have an empty sleeve see photopost-16601-0-16322400-1339701882_thumb.jpost-16601-0-22627300-1339701897_thumb.j. Steve, if you want it PM me

Rick.

I remember buying some singles from Oldies Unlimited when I very first started buying vinyl. I don't know how I acquired the catalogue!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert