Frankie Lymon - I'm Sorry

Sunnysoul

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

The only copies I know of are owned by Tim Brown and Andy Dyson. Not saying there aren't others.

Great record/sound ...

i seem to think TB reviewied it in VFTS ????? but will say defo a AD rave/ spin!!!

ktf tfk :rofl:

a bit of info on this site.....looks like the last 45 that Frankie Lymon commited to vinyl/released :- https://en.wikipedia....i/Frankie_Lymon

Edited by tfk
Social source share

seen another one going thru ebay some years ago. didnt this also came out on a nother label (rarity would vote against this my theory) ? FL`s last and final 45. A tried comeback organised by the guy who owned big apple and used to be frankie lymons manager Sam Bray . As Frankie Lymon due to an overdose didnt live long enough to witness the release of the reocrd it sank without a trace.

Social source share

It was supposedly a posthumous release.

The Wikipedia note states that it was released on Big Apple ("I'm Sorry / Seabreeze") but gives no number. Also states that they were the last two recordings he ever made at the Big Apple sessions on the same day of (or the day before) his death on February 28th 1968.

The discography on Dave Rimmer's "Soulful Kinda Music" website states that it's Big Apple 100, and also gives details of the other issue; Mesida (134), though Dave states that it was recorded on 10 January 1967. The plot thickens.......

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

• 10 years later...

Source Advert