Criteria For Records Inclusion On Auction Lists

Andyf

I was having a look at the latest additions on John Manships's auction and was a bit startled to see Irene & the Scotts on Smash in there. There was also a Soul City on Goodtime .

Now I know it's a while back when I got these, but they weren't incredibly expensive (less than £100).

Have all the copies disappeared into collections or are they both 'in-demand'?

Not having a pop, but a bit suprised to see them listed that's all.

Social source share

Should have bought it off me then shouldn't you :D

Would've done if I'd seen you had one! I buy most of my stuff off you anyway!

Edited by MrC
Social source share

I was having a look at the latest additions on John Manships's auction and was a bit startled to see Irene & the Scotts on Smash in there. There was also a Soul City on Goodtime .

Now I know it's a while back when I got these, but they weren't incredibly expensive (less than £100).

I & Scotts nice double sider,Soul City - getting spins as they say atm.Both not rare but,to quote seller's etc...."indemand"...and for folks who can't track one down........Auction!!!!

Social source share

Green Door is also an interesting inclusion.

I assume that it's there because it's in tip-top condition. Never been that difficult to pick up. Still, with Solomon Burke going for a massive amount the other month, who knows!!

The Tobi Legend ISSUE will be one to watch. Any suggestions for a finishing price on that??????

Social source share

Guest giant

Irene & The Scotts is a £30 - £40 cheapie, Soul City £75 or so very hard to sell, but of course in a months time they will be £250 each...

fully agree with what you say

Social source share

I & Scotts nice double sider,Soul City - getting spins as they say atm.Both not rare but,to quote seller's etc...."indemand"...and for folks who can't track one down........Auction!!!!

Soul City getting spins ? Both sides have been spun to death in the last 5 years - 2 great sides (as are the I & Scotts) but I'm so bored with them i can't even be bothered to listen when they come up on my ipod.......wouldn't sell it tho :thumbsup:

Social source share

Bill Horton ? Baby Huey ? More auction items ?..... hmm maybe I should start selling on the coat tails of these crazy auction prices :)

Social source share

Don't forget, as John Manship often says, sometimes he puts things up for auction because if it was on set sale his phone would be ringing all day. They're not his records, he's just trying to get the best possible price for his sellers (and obviously his commission), also hence his Marks and Spencers style seductive descriptions.

Jordi

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Soul City getting spins ? Both sides have been spun to death in the last 5 years - 2 great sides (as are the I & Scotts) but I'm so bored with them i can't even be bothered to listen when they come up on my ipod.......wouldn't sell it tho :thumbsup:

Yeah,getting spins - still.Maybe taking them off your i-pod is the answer. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!