News:Manship auction process exposed

The recent posting from Lars has confirmed and acknowledged the Ramblers central point and personal opinion, which is.... The working practices and delivery of the JM auction brings its integrity into question with many collectors.

You're not very bright, are you ?

I do not acknowledge your "central point and personal opinion" because I see little difference between JM's auction and any other auction run by auction houses such as Sotheby's and Christie's.

Social source share

• Replies 117
  • Views 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

In between ramblings, distorted quotes and general lack of logic a good point was made:

I have no serious doubts about John Manships honesty but bidding on your own auction is a bit untidy. It makes people doubt the integrity of the auction. It would be good business sense not to do so in the future.

Lars,

The above words are yours, not mine. You clearly confirm, that the practices in place make people doubt the integrity of the auction. This is precisely the Ramblers central point.

With respect,

The Rambler

Edited by Rambler
Social source share

Lars,

The above words are yours, not mine. You clearly confirm, that the practices in place make people doubt the integrity of the auction. This is precisely the Ramblers central point.

With respect,

The Rambler

Firstly:

It was intended as friendly advice, not direct criticism.

I can understand that you feel lonely and would like an accomplice but the person you are looking for is not me. End of discussion.

Edited by LarsC
Social source share

John Manship is without a doubt is the safest dealer to deal with on the planet, gradings spot on lovely and very friendly staff, bang tune through the letter box next day job done simple and good buisness practice! people are always envious of success and i sense a bit of that going down here. Inflated prices are solely down to the individuals willing to pay, and from a buisness sense of course you are going to keep pushing if the customer demands and is willing to pay for the product. Take my hat of to the guy can only respect him for comming on this site and presenting the evidence that put his name into question, no doubt in my mind the guy is very genuine you don't deal in records for 30 years or so if JM was dodgy he would have crumbled long ago. Many a wee bargain to be had on manships site. Big west coast haul so what do you wish it was you? Nothing wrong with holdng stuff back buisness is buisness no ones forcing anyone to buy any record thats up to what someone is willing to pay. Must admit it amazes me what some of the tunes go for and i think alot of people can't get there head round that hence the coronation street type rumours. So erm on that note good on ya done well think you will have gained repect from this. If you have a copy of jessie fisher honey pm me pmsl or if anyone has for that matter!!!!!

Social source share

More like a hand-bagging. But some good points made last day & a bit.

But now time to let it blow over.

Would lock this thread if I could.

Col

So would I Col but unfortunately I'm not a moderator on this site but I've had a word with one of the lads. This is just going to get all out or proportion again and it's not needed ph34r.gif

Social source share

Several year's ago I felt unhappy when bidding in one of John's auction's. Instead of mouthing off about it to other's trying to cause trouble, I went direct to John and told him what I felt and we sorted it out there and then. We were both happy the miss-understanding was cleared up.

The mature way in which to deal with thing's.

I would suggest to the Rambler that either he/she does the same or at least stop hiding behind a fictitious name. In my opinion you should not be allowed to post without your true identity being known.

This is a Man's Business you are messing with.

Don't be a coward, have the gut's to at least put your name to the post's you write.

Karen

Social source share

This is only the second post I have put up here , I have bid many a time on J M'S auction site have not won because I have only been prepared to pay what I think the record is worth,bought a lot off him from record fairs in the early 90's no complaints then when bargains were to be had ph34r.gifblush.gif

Social source share

This is only the second post I have put up here , I have bid many a time on J M'S auction site have not won because I have only been prepared to pay what I think the record is worth,bought a lot off him from record fairs in the early 90's no complaints then when bargains were to be had ph34r.gifblush.gif

Good points. You should post more often.

Social source share

Several year's ago I felt unhappy when bidding in one of John's auction's. Instead of mouthing off about it to other's trying to cause trouble, I went direct to John and told him what I felt and we sorted it out there and then. We were both happy the miss-understanding was cleared up.

I would suggest to the Rambler that either he/she does the same or at least stop hiding behind a fictitious name. In my opinion you should not be allowed to post without your true identity being known.

Don't be a coward, have the gut's to at least put your name to the post's you write.

Karen

Nobody can argue with your points Karen, but personally I'd like to see it all drop.

Social source share

More like a hand-bagging. But some good points made last day & a bit.

But now time to let it blow over.

Would lock this thread if I could.

Col

Col,

Why?

It's been a hell of a debate, sombody's integrity has been questioned and well defended IMO . JM has been reinstated (by some) as an all round good guy(if he had ever been usurped).

I have no doubt that there were many people like myself, who had issues with auctions in general, who have now had some of those issues allayed. Although there may be some who feel this thread has opened a bigger can of worms than it has closed ph34r.gif

Bill.

Social source share

Karen

Karen,

C'mon get real here eh? Rambler could put any name, how would we know if it was genuine or not? Surely forums give everybody the right to remain anonymous whatevere their opinions. Or have the Soul Police found their way onto this forum also? ph34r.gif

Despite what you or others may think he raised some questions that needed to be answered. If these questions offend your sensibilities then you have the right to reply ,as you and many others have done.

Where's the problem in that?

Bill.

Social source share

Col,

Why?

It's been a hell of a debate, sombody's integrity has been questioned and well defended IMO . JM has been reinstated (by some) as an all round good guy(if he had ever been usurped).

I have no doubt that there were many people like myself, who had issues with auctions in general, who have now had some of those issues allayed. Although there may be some who feel this thread has opened a bigger can of worms than it has closed ph34r.gif

Bill.

Hi Bill,

Today one of my mates died (see my blog). Personally I am at a bit of a loss right now.

Maybe I'm looking for a bit of personal closure. If this carries on somebody may get sued and I wouldn't like that right now.

I love my northern/rare soul, but it doesn't amount to hill of beans when it comes down to the issues that really matter - like family

Col.

ps your post was well thought out & good blush.gif

Social source share

thread closed

site thinking

the discussion was about how a leading rare soul auction is run

Intially questions were asked concerning the way it was run

These questions were answered in a upfront and open manner

At this point it was felt that the discussion was worthwhile, the members who had posted up their concerns were all given detailed explanation in answer to these concerns from those involved ( including clarification of past individual auction transactions)

The follow on conversation however is now at the point where it is thought best to close this topic, as has moved on from the initial discussion, people have tried to bring in other issues which appear to be obscuring the inital issues, ie the concerns and the explanations and as such felt best to close this thread.

end of day.......

Members who had posted concerns both on overall practices and their own individual bids have had a full and frank detailed reply from those involved.

Those involved in auctions are aware that some have these concerns and have had a opportunity to explain and clear up any confusion on the way the auctions are run

Social source share