Jw If You Ask Me Question

bluesoul

Hi

Can anyone help/answer my question? I'm new to the site so I hope I'm asking this question in the correct forum (don't suppose it matters).

The reissue of Jerry Williams 'If you ask me' has a 1973 print on it + the label address is wrong (17 W 60th St). However I've seen 2 scans of 'original ' copies with 2 different addresses. One has 'Calla Records 1631 Broadway'. The other just has 'Calla' (no records) and looks like '1650 Broadway'. Otherwise they look identical.

Are they both originals? Are there other copies with different addresses? Are they the same value? Lastly can anyone advise what is the going rate for an original. Thanks, Paul :(

Social source share

• Replies 18
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Hi Paul

i have a bell sound stamped promo with 1650 broadway on it. also in the runout grooves there is a 5 pointed star impressed in the vinyl

ted

What about mono and stereo....allway`s thought stars fer mono,and a triangle with some ickle letter`s inside for the other one.... :thumbsup:
Social source share

:thumbsup: I maybe making this up but wasnt the first issue released with a bit of orchestration missing ie straight into strings with the de de de de de de de de missing in the middle.............. come on chalky help me out here :D may have to visit the loft and dig it out just to reassure myself, or was it those heady seventys cocktails that have numbed certain parts of my grey matter :shhh:

Mark

Social source share

I maybe making this up but wasnt the first issue released with a bit of orchestration missing ie straight into strings with the de de de de de de de de missing in the middle.............. come on chalky help me out here :shhh: may have to visit the loft and dig it out just to reassure myself, or was it those heady seventys cocktails that have numbed certain parts of my grey matter :thumbsup:

Mark

second issue (1973) has longer break

Social source share

Guest Soulfood33

That's twice the value.

have you got one for sales @ £75 but i think we've gone down this..Ain't got a copy ..but if i did I..would be 1/2 the price of anyone else.....road....before.....

Social source share

have you got one for sales @ £75 but i think we've gone down this..Ain't got a copy ..but if i did I..would be 1/2 the price of anyone else.....road....before.....

Yes I have actually, but you don't want to buy off me, remember, so whats the point of yet another pedantic childish post.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert