The Cheers "i Made Up My Mind"

Anyone got any info on this, heard off a homemade CD, is it hard to find, think its on Okeh label, cost etc

thanks

Barry

Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Anyone got any info on this, heard off a homemade CD, is it hard to find, think its on Okeh label, cost etc

thanks

Barry

awesome record, this was a hit in Chicago and was their best record (even Richard Pegue told me that and he produced their hit "I'm not ready to settle down"). Guessing at a price, maybe $50 for a mint copy?

Social source share

awesome record, this was a hit in Chicago and was their best record (even Richard Pegue told me that and he produced their hit "I'm not ready to settle down"). Guessing at a price, maybe $50 for a mint copy?

Thanks 'Boba' am I right in thinking it's on the Okeh label, since posting this I have been on popsike and as you say around £35/£50 anyone out there?

Barry

Social source share

Thanks 'Boba' am I right in thinking it's on the Okeh label, since posting this I have been on popsike and as you say around £35/£50 anyone out there?

Barry

Yes, it's on Okeh. All the discographies list a second Cheers on Okeh as the last 45 on the label but I'm pretty sure it was never released. I would love to hear the other record if tapes of it ever surface.

Also, vaguely related, Big Jim's Border Crossing on Zanzee totally rips off the backing track.

Social source share

Yes, it's on Okeh. All the discographies list a second Cheers on Okeh as the last 45 on the label but I'm pretty sure it was never released. I would love to hear the other record if tapes of it ever surface.

Also, vaguely related, Big Jim's Border Crossing on Zanzee totally rips off the backing track.

thanks again boba, off to search for it.

Barry

Social source share

Hi Barry, flip of Take Me to Paradise isn't it. Not scarce (doesn't warrant book/list price of £60 - £100 IMO), but will add it is one of those curious records that most copies are Vg or less. There are plenty around but hard to locate in Ex or better. Gave one to Kev H many moons ago (can't recall if it was issue or demo) but think that was VG at best.

Hope all's well, Dean

Social source share

Hi Barry, flip of Take Me to Paradise isn't it. Not scarce (doesn't warrant book/list price of £60 - £100 IMO), but will add it is one of those curious records that most copies are Vg or less. There are plenty around but hard to locate in Ex or better. Gave one to Kev H many moons ago (can't recall if it was issue or demo) but think that was VG at best.

Hope all's well, Dean

Most copies are trashed because it was a big record in Chicago and lots of copies came unsleeved from people's basements. Records that always turn up clean are usually ones that nobody played and then the deadstock got exported from the US.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert