Ebay Buyers / Bidders Id

Denbo

Who was it that posted up on Soul Source not long ago, saying that there is a way of identifying an eBay buyers username from the coding eBay seem to use these days when listing the bidders, eg i***s or e***k etc.

Only, I'd like to contact a recent eBay buyer with a question about a record they won (no, it's not will you please sell it to me) to add to information I'm collecting for a little project I'm doing.

Please PM me if you can help

Edited by denbo
Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

one way would be to make a note of the record and check sellers feedback after a while, in the hope they get or leave feedback for it, that might not happen for up to a week or two or even longer! depends how quick you want the info, what was the record? maybe someone on here could help with info?

steve

Social source share

why not contact the seller and get him to pass a message on

Tried that. Seems to have fallen on deaf ears. I asked the seller for the info I was after before posting off the record but he wasn't interested. So I asked him to forward my request on to the buyer. Got no response. He could have passed it on to the buyer who is also not interested, I don't know. So I have to try and contact the buyer direct now to see what happens.

Social source share

Who was it that posted up on Soul Source not long ago, saying that there is a way of identifying an eBay buyers username from the coding eBay seem to use these days when listing the bidders, eg i***s or e***k etc.

Only, I'd like to contact a recent eBay buyer with a question about a record they won (no, it's not will you please sell it to me) to add to information I'm collecting for a little project I'm doing.

Please PM me if you can help

Come on Guys, what are you doing letting this slip off the bottom of the page?

In other words . . . . . Bump!!!

I need answers. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Come on Guys, what are you doing letting this slip off the bottom of the page?

In other words . . . . . Bump!!!

I need answers. :thumbsup:

I sent you the instructions how to do it. But you have to have gotten a bid on the item in to do it. Did you?

Social source share

I sent you the instructions how to do it. But you have to have gotten a bid on the item in to do it. Did you?

Bugger me, no I ddn't. One of those horribly repeating occasions when I forgot to go back and put a bid on it, even if only to keep it in mind. :dash2:

Social source share

be interested to know myself Bob, only way I could think of was awaiting feedback by buyer or seller, having made a note of the item?

cheers

steve

if you get a bid in, go to advanced search, search by bidder, search the items you bid on, click "completed auctions" and make sure "only auctions I was high bidder on" is unchecked, hit "search". every auction you bid on will be listed along with the unmasked ID of the high bidder.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

if you get a bid in, go to advanced search, search by bidder, search the items you bid on, click "completed auctions" and make sure "only auctions I was high bidder on" is unchecked, hit "search". every auction you bid on will be listed along with the unmasked ID of the high bidder.

Nice one Bob, appreciated!

steve

Social source share

this is a realy good way of finding things out i've done it a few times since you first mentioned it on here.

did you just stumble on this by accident one day ? I think ebay will stop it being possible to do this soon.

Social source share

this is a realy good way of finding things out i've done it a few times since you first mentioned it on here.

did you just stumble on this by accident one day ? I think ebay will stop it being possible to do this soon.

Yes they seem pretty obsessed with stopping people offering the second highest bidder a copy of the same record outside of ebay :yes::lol:

Social source share

Thanks everybody for contributing to this thread.

But I think you'll all agree, a special thanks must go to 'boba'. Cheers pal.

Sorry I wasn't involved towards the end of this thread but I've been ill the last couple of days.

Thanks again everybody.

Social source share

I live on ebay. Have you seen the movie Videodrome? My life is like that but with ebay instead of videodrome.

p.s. I don't think this will go away soon, it's been like this for years

Social source share

I live on ebay. Have you seen the movie Videodrome? My life is like that but with ebay instead of videodrome.

p.s. I don't think this will go away soon, it's been like this for years

its suprising how few people know about this. When I mention it to casual ebay users none of them are aware you can do this.

in a similar way paypal gift was a hardly ever mentioned openly or widely known about. Now its everywhere and always mentioned.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert