Australian Rare Soul Scene - Film Maker's Short Video

Cheers for wacking this up on here....It's Brilliant. Don't know much about the soul scene outide Melbourne, but really thankful for what we have downhere. So many good records floating about and quality djs playing both Northern and Xover. Best of all I think more youngish people are getting in to this stuff everyear.

Social source share

i guess we brits are not surprised these days, that the national has been going for so long and enduring thanks to the seriously professional input and dedication of both ex-pats, and aussies who've developed a mutual love for this music. this, at long last, for me in particular, is a through-the-keyhole insight into a world that, up to this moment, has been on the whole written about and perhaps has laid to rest any mystiscism about the success of northern soul on another continent. you know, brits have been making the trip to oz since the early 70's, it was probably much easier to get in there and get a job, put down roots....and just a few, at first, took their beloved tunes on the great sojourn into the unknown, not knowing what to expect...perhaps having the music would have been their greatest comfort in a strange land. the world has turned many times since then and the culmination of all that tlc & nurturing is now resultant of what we witness here on the screen. im impressed and proud that these folk have finally delivered a promotional brochure...there's just one hurdle to get over for the people tempted to go to the other side of the world for a week long festival...the cost of getting there!...trip of a lifetime? - yes!...hard saving? - definitely!

Social source share

Cheers for wacking this up on here....It's Brilliant. Don't know much about the soul scene outide Melbourne, but really thankful for what we have downhere. So many good records floating about and quality djs playing both Northern and Xover. Best of all I think more youngish people are getting in to this stuff everyear.

"more youngish people getting into it"......this only emphasizes the point made by someone far more famous than me...,that in 100 years, nothing will ever be as good as northern soul - its a way of life and its continuing to create a growing impression on generations of youngsters. put aside your doubts & scepticism brothers & sisters,...this culture that we share is a natural sanity preservative, its the right way, its how music should sound, its a proper way to dance...its all of us under one roof. its the greatest music phenomenon the world has EVER seen, and IS likely to see, and its something andy warhole could NEVER label!

Social source share

• 2 months later...

CAN WE GET THE RADIO SHOW ON THE NET

KEV

Plenty of radio soul shows in Australia that broadcast on the 'net - some archive the shows so that you can "Listen again" later. You could do worse than listen to Eastside FM broadcasting from Sydney on Friday's - starting at 6.30pm local time which means most poms are either at work........or just getting up ! (9.30am British Summer Time)

You can listen at https://eastsidefm.org/ The Friday soul sessions are hosted by Austria's very own Bernhard Schmitz for the first 2 hours followed by George "OO soul" for the second 2 hours. I'm guesting on Bernhard's show tomorrow for the first 2 hours.

cheers,

Denny

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!