Inferno / Destiny Collectors?

In my box of all sorts I have more than one or two records on the Inferno, Destiny and Grapevine labels. In my opinion there was a lot of crap on the Destiny, apart from a few. Would be interested to know if anyone collects any of these, for collecting sake.

Social source share

• Replies 27
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Destiny was a label formed in Feb 1979 and ceased releasing output in Oct 1980.

Originally distributed by Pinnacle before switching to Pye.

The label kicked off with authentic Northern reissues such as Dobie Gray, Rita and the

Tiaras before falling into the cover version trap, utilising the vocal services of several Shakatak members, a band that Les McCutcheon formed around the same time.

In terms of collectabity, I agree, who would want them? There are a few interesting sales notes

though.....

Best Seller: Dobie Gray

Worst Seller: John Leach

Rarest on the label: De-lites, due to being withdrawn.

We also released an album and 12 inch singles.

Discogs should have a complete listing.

Edited by The Golden 101
Social source share

Destiny was a label formed in Feb 1979 and ceased releasing output in Oct 1980.

Originally distributed by Pinnacle before switching to Pye.

The label kicked off with authentic Northern reissues such as Dobie Gray, Rita and the

Tiaras before falling into the cover version trap, utilising the vocal services of several Shakatak members, a band that Les McCutcheon formed around the same time.

In terms of collectabity, I agree, who would want them? There are a few interesting sales notes

though.....

Best Seller: Dobie Gray

Worst Seller: John Leach

Rarest on the label: De-lites, due to being withdrawn.

We also released an album and 12 inch singles.

Discogs should have a complete listing.

Strangely enough, one of the ones I have is the De-lites - on a demo no less! Must be worth thousands. :lol:

Social source share

Guys, guys, guys.....wobbly chairs, wobbly tables. You need to stop buying vinyl and concentrate on spending your cash on some quality furniture... you know, the original marked stuff, not some of this Ikea re-issue garbage :D:thumbsup::lol:

Steve

Got an old settee in leather, shaped like a foot . . . Is it a boot? :rofl:

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

In terms of collectabity, I agree, who would want them?

Very few back then and far less today and I speak only of the Destiny Records products on this thread ............. What deal did you have with the Sounds Of Soul regarding E J Chandler and Desiree in respect of the General Assembly, back then, if any.

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

I've got it too. And both the De-Lites and John Leach on Destiny.

I'm not proud of the fact though.

Social source share

destiny would have been evebn better if certain releases had nt been shelved..

Still got an audiodisc of the Flirtations / Stronger than Her Love - Inst that was due for Destiny release - There was also a version of "Hold On" on the other side, also shelved, albeit reliesed elswhere. Never knew why the "stronger" was never issued

Cheers

Mick

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert