• Replies 17
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

£412

:D:D:ohmy::)

Paid 150UKP only three years ago for this AND Good Good Feeling!!. Got me thinking has all this mad malarkey.......

I collect records, I don't sell records, I collect records. However...........

If I sell my collection now and bank the money it will sit there until most "returning" collectors get fed up and decide that a boat, house in Spain, or whatever takes their fancy is actually what they REALLY want out of their wad! :) So in a few years time lots of collectors start the avalance of sales (similar to mid 80s say).

I then simply take my interest loaded vinyl money out the bank and buy back all the same records in a price tumbling environment. Hence.... I get all my collection back and make a tidy profit into the bargain! :D

What dya reckon?

Sounds good but then again.........

Regards,

Dave

https://www.hitsvillesoulclub.com/

Social source share

:D:D:ohmy::)

Paid 150UKP only three years ago for this AND Good Good Feeling!!. Got me thinking has all this mad malarkey.......

I collect records, I don't sell records, I collect records. However...........

If I sell my collection now and bank the money it will sit there until most "returning" collectors get fed up and decide that a boat, house in Spain, or whatever takes their fancy is actually what they REALLY want out of their wad! :) So in a few years time lots of collectors start the avalance of sales (similar to mid 80s say).

I then simply take my interest loaded vinyl money out the bank and buy back all the same records in a price tumbling environment. Hence.... I get all my collection back and make a tidy profit into the bargain! :D

What dya reckon?

Sounds good but then again.........

Regards,

Dave

I've been thinking the very same thing and this topic often comes up with close friends, we have all sold stuff over the years with major regret, often to replace some records now the prices have reached another level often way out of most peoples reach, perhaps best to keep what we have as SOUL fans and collectors and pick up records when and if the bubble bursts at a reasonable price, the question you have to ask yourself is this.....'Am i buying into something other than the passion and love of the music or am i simply a stamp collector'????? these things we call records are often works of art, loved for what they project rather than what they are worth and not trophy's, trophy's are for displaying and records are for playing.....lol and i don't really know what my point is sorry, basically if i can't own a record because i can't afford it am i not allowed to enjoy it as a piece of music rather than a rare antique?

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

That did happen Dave after Wigan closed and collectors sold their records for nowt. But they don't cost nowt now. Alot of people are selling up but the rarer records are still quite rare and will still cost alot. Ebay as outed lots of less rarer records such as Dearly Beloved and one guy puts a Sam Dees on a regurlar basis. It is very expensive to buy at the moment. It was cheaper to buy in the eighties. Is it a better time to sell now? Dunc

Social source share

'Am i buying into something other than the passion and love of the music or am i simply a stamp collector'?????

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark,

I would guess that deep down every collector is a bit of both. :ohmy:

Think we suffer from Compulsive Behaviour Syndrome? :)

Have thought about letting some pieces go over recent years, just can't get motivated to actually doing it. Think it would leave too big a hole in the soul/heart/life. Sad eh? :)

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

I think the one on Manship's was a blue label. I have naver seen one of them. Only green ones. Dunc

JM had a blue label copy about a year ago for £200, but that obviously would have been his own, rather than one being auctioned for somebody else.

I have a blue one, as I think does vaultofsouler on here (Mark Etheridge) who was playing it some time ago, and seems to have started its renewed popularity. IMO of course. :ohmy:

(If its not Mark its Errol Green at Ponds Forge who has a blue label copy and Mark will have a less rare green one :) )

Edited by SteveM
Social source share

Thanks very much.

People keep saying to me that the Blue one is rarer. I'm not too sure myself. I've only ever seen two green one's (including my copy). The rest have been Blue.

Seen a W/D of "Standing on guard", Dave (hope everythings ok with you mate :ohmy: ). Not any of the others though.

£412
Social source share

Thanks very much.

People keep saying to me that the Blue one is rarer. I'm not too sure myself. I've only ever seen two green one's (including my copy). The rest have been Blue.

Seen a W/D of "Standing on guard", Dave (hope everythings ok with you mate :ohmy: ). Not any of the others though.

Seen W/Demos of most Big Wheel stuff but not "Love Look". Strange eh?

Hoping to make it out to the west coast in Feb Matey. Enjoyed our last visit and wanna repeat! See you then.

Regards,

Social source share

Mike said you wouldnt be able to make the next one. Shame that.

We look forward to seeing you in Feb mate!

Merry Christmas to you and Bev.

:ohmy:

Seen W/Demos of most Big Wheel stuff but not "Love Look". Strange eh?

Hoping to make it out to the west coast in Feb Matey. Enjoyed our last visit and wanna repeat! See you then.

Regards,

Edited by Tommy
Social source share

JM had a blue label copy about a year ago for £200, but that obviously would have been his own, rather than one being auctioned for somebody else.

I have a blue one, as I think does vaultofsouler on here (Mark Etheridge) who was playing it some time ago, and seems to have started its renewed popularity. IMO of course. :P

(If its not Mark its Errol Green at Ponds Forge who has a blue label copy and Mark will have a less rare green one :D )

Mine is the blue Steve, Errol's is the green :D .... like you say it got regular airings at Ponds Forge from one of us in a night about 18+ months ago.... still does at times :P ....

Thanks very much.

Seen a W/D of "Standing on guard", Dave (hope everythings ok with you mate :D ). Not any of the others though.

Blue supposed to be rarer.... price guided higher :lol: .... I've seen more greens than blues about beer.gif .....

Social source share

Thanks very much.

Seen a W/D of "Standing on guard", Dave (hope everythings ok with you mate :P ). Not any of the others though.

Your the same as me Tommy ive seen more blue than green over the years, have a green one myself but great tune but cant seem to get my hands on a good good feeling anyone out there got one will pay well to make up my falcons listing....... this is the elusive one

Geeooooooordi9e

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert